Who will go?

Anag Ram

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Te Wierik is so far out of the picture (even with Davies' injury) that I can't see him not leaving. The rest depend on who we're able to sign and who we get offers for. Wisdom, Holmes and Waghorn should be made available unless they're willing to sign extensions (better to get something for them in January than let them leave for free in the summer), and Roos, Evans, Shinnie and Marriott are squad players who should be let go if the right offer comes in.

To be honest, as long as we keep hold of Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Jozwiak I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

If Ibe is as good as you imply/hope why was he on a free?

I have a sneaking suspicion Ibe's career trajectory is already on the downward, and we're a stop along the way.

He's gone a year without playing a competitive game despite not being injured. Bournemouth's record signing,  still only 24 and they released him on a free. There's got to be a good reason for that. If they had thought he would be of any use to them in the Championship then surely they would have kept him on.

I have a feeling he'll be playing in Greece or Cyprus within the next 2/3 years.

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Ibe's career trajectory is already on the downward, and we're a stop along the way.

He's gone a year without playing a competitive game despite not being injured. Bournemouth's record signing,  still only 24 and they released him on a free. There's got to be a good reason for that. If they had thought he would be of any use to them in the Championship then surely they would have kept him on.

I have a feeling he'll be playing in Greece or Cyprus within the next 2/3 years.

Nah, he will score against Swansea tomorrow night.

Ibe jibes replaced by Ibe vibes!

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Bournemouth offered him a new contract in January/February and he rejected it and said he wanted to leave. 

3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Fair enough, wasn't aware of that. I suppose he wanted to go as he wasn't being picked.

A catch 22. Not being picked so wanted to leave, because he wanted to leave he then definitely wasn't getting picked. 

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Doesn't the fact that he left a Premiership team to join one in the Championship not just suggest that his career trajectory is already downward but actually prove it? Unless you think him joining Derby was a step up from Bournemouth?

Ibe is probably a punt to nothing, if he does regain his former performances then is all good if not then won't cost the club a lot of money.

21 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

That's the spirit, before he's even kicked a ball you've got him shipped off to Greece / Cyprus (very specific 'feeling' btw).

2 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Sibley off to the Prem as arranged in the summer but didn't quite get the paperwork signed in time. Explains why he's not being used this season. Any injury might scupper the what £2m transfer fee?

If Knight gets sold I'm done with this club and this forum.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

If this gets posted that's it, I'm off of this forum! 

No way do I want to be held responsible for turning the lights out... If you two go, I'm off too!

#bookmark me, @ me, bend me, shape me, any way you want me.

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Or even lower, SPL ?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

That's the spirit, before he's even kicked a ball you've got him shipped off to Greece / Cyprus (very specific 'feeling' btw).

Sigh.

I'm just making the point that the signs for his career aren't good. He turned up here unfit and overweight, and having hardly set Bournemouth alight despite costing £15m. Whilst there it seems his attitude and consistency were questioned too, which is never good.

The reference to Greece and Cyprus was just because they are the type of places where careers go to die.

With the growing likelihood that the takeover is not going to happen until we are safe as a Championship team, and Mel having had to fund the redundancies of Cocu et al, and any January incomings we can entice and afford then any player is up for grabs.

Martyn Waghorn, Duane Holmes and Andre Wisdom's contracts are up in the summer, so all three of those will be looked at to gain a fee from. Curtis Davies's too, but he'll see out his contract.

Knight, Buchanan and Sibley are the most likely I'd have thought if an offer comes in.

Te Wierik seems like the obvious one out of the door. After that I could very well see approaches for Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley being made. It just makes sense that one or more clubs will take a glance and see the chance for snagging a talented young player at a bargain price whilst we are in a weak position. And there's a few reasons for it:

1) We likely need to sell to buy - think this one is relatively clear right now that anything coming in to an extent has to be paid for by outgoings and those 4 are among very few that would fetch a decent price. We also haven't got exactly a sterling reputation for driving a hard bargain have we.

2) We are a mess off the pitch. Currently amidst a takeover that's dragging it's heels and about to go into the 8th game under temporary management with no clear decision point in site nor a clear direction of what will happen going forwards. Harder to keep players in such circumstances and wouldn't blame any for considering any serious offers.

3) We are still in the relegation zone. Again much harder to keep players in such circumstances.

4) They haven't really been getting a fair crack of the whip this season and especially since Rooney took control. They are the first to be chopped and changed in and out of the 11 regardless of performances around them. Take Sibley for instance; looks bright against Middlesbrough, lively in a turgid midfield against Wycombe and then dropped first to the bench and then out of the squad for Brentford. Senior players have been given time and opportunity to play through very bad spells and attempt to play themselves into form which isn't something that has been extended to the academy graduates, they have to produce at least a 7/10 to just not be dropped.

I'll hate it if it happens but the situation and circumstances seem to be strongly lining up for at least one maybe more being poached.

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Sigh.

I'm just making the point that the signs for his career aren't good. He turned up here unfit and overweight, and having hardly set Bournemouth alight despite costing £15m. Whilst there it seems his attitude and consistency were questioned too, which is never good.

The reference to Greece and Cyprus was just because they are the type of places where careers go to die.

Dave Mackay? Best years behind him, just wants to go to manage Hearts. No thank you.

Igor Stimac? Plays his football for Hadjuk Split, where is that anyway?

Roy McFarland? Tranmere - no thank you.

Paul McGrath? Knees gone, obviously not interested in the game any more, why would he want to come here?

Nigel Callaghan? Unfit and overweight, finished at Watford. Nothing to bring here.

Garry Micklewhite? Unfit and overweight, finished at QPR. Nothing to bring here.

Gordon Cowans? Unfit and overweight, finished at Villa. Nothing to bring here.

Paul Peschisolido? Unfit and overweight, finished at Sheff Utd. Nothing to bring here.

Hey, I've got an idea - let him kick a ball before writing him off.

Archived