v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Only major complaint from me is that Knight is still in number 10. He’s not technically suited to that role, and I think him being there is contributing quite significantly to our lack of attacking threat.

Could be a 433 could it not with knight in midfield alongside Bielik and Bird with Jozzy, Lawrence and Kazim upfront?

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

How do we know we are playing 4231? To me that should be played in a 433 with Bielik holding, Bird on the left with Lawrence and Jozwiak left upfront most of the time for the counter. 

That's more or less what we should do with that set of players to get the most out of them or could even go 343. However since Cocu left we've rigidly stuck to a 4231 regardless of game or game situation and mostly with the idea (since Rooney took over) of being solid first and foremost with Knight being deployed so we defend from the front.

9 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Could be a 433 could it not with knight in midfield alongside Bielik and Bird with Jozzy, Lawrence and Kazim upfront?

If we weren't going to line up in a 433 in games we really had license to shape up to attack like Wycombe and Coventry then we aren't here. The messaging from the coaching staff has consistently about wanting to keep things simple and with that in mind I can't see us experimenting with any system changes.

Just now, sage said:

Would have played Waggy ahead of Lawrence as we need more than one person to get on the end of crosses.

I agree particularly with the midfield set up and I'd like to add I'd have preferred a left footer on the right to more readily allow Byrne to overlap.

26 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well I fancy CKR and Lawrence to score today, don’t know why, it’s not like we score 2 in a game that often. ?‍♂️

I have a cheeky £5 on Lee Buchanan to bag one.

Meanwhile, let's bring all of Waghorn, Sibley, Ibe and Stretton on after 60 minutes and give them a change to affect the game. 

Is it the Rams TV Fancy Dress Christmas party tonight ? Barker has come as Kevin from Kevin and Perry but who are the others dressed as?

Archived