I think we will make the following changes -

Byrne for Davies (Wisdom CB)

Bird for Shinnie

Lawrence for Holmes (Jozwiak RW)

However, I would go with -

Byrne for Davies (Wisdom CB)

Lawrence for Shinnie

Waghorn for Holmes

Put Knight in the middle alongside Bielik and then go for it with 4 attacking players in CKR Waghorn Lawrence Jozwiak.

Bench - Roos McDonald Buchanan Bird Holmes Sibley Whittaker Ibe Stretton

That bench covers every positional need depending on who needs subbing off.

Could see Rooney maybe going with Buchanan depending on Forysth's fitness.

I personally don't see another option with Davies' absence today other than Wiz, though i do have a concern that Bielik will be considered to drop into the back four to compensate any aerial battles should Fletcher be fit and start.

Evans as mentioned before is not a typical ball winner in the air, nor is Wiz for that matter and with Dutch Mike not getting a look in, we could well see Bielik in the back four. Of course Fozzy is an option, but I wouldn't him going into a battle with a forward of any aerial prowess. 

I'm bringing Naughty Tom in off the naughty step to play behind The King. 

Marshall 

Byrne   Evans   Clarke   Bucho

Beilik   Knight

Waggy   Naughty Tom   Jozwiak 

King Kazim

Got a good feeling about this one. You could say I'm even buzzing a bit. Today's the day that Wazza sends a message to Big Sam that his services will not be required.

17 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Not sure how Ibe's recovery from mental health issues is going to be helped by consistently featuring in the match day squad without being one of the 5 permitted substitutions. 

Perhaps the idea is to help get him back in to the routine of travelling with the squad and gearing up for a match day? Getting that familiarity in place might actually be a great benefit for him ahead of his on pitch return. 

Marshall 

Byrne   Wizzy   Clarke   Buchanan 

Beilik   Knight

Waggy     Sibley   Jozwiak 

CKR

Sadly I think Sibley will be in the wilderness again and Lawrence or bird will start......would much prefer bird if that’s the option.

Would like to be able to rest CKR but not sure how we can as there’s no one else who can do the job up there. Waggy isn’t really a striker and is needed on the right as Holmes is out of form and Ibe isn’t ready to start.

17 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Not sure how Ibe's recovery from mental health issues is going to be helped by consistently featuring in the match day squad without being one of the 5 permitted substitutions. 

It's bizarre having such a strong potential matchwinner on the bench but not starting to introduce him into the team to bring him up to speed. Rosenior's comments on Thursday, including "There is a lot of games to come, and I know fans are really excited to see him, We are too, but it is our job to make sure it is at the right time", made no sense whatsover.

[From https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-jordon-ibe-liverpool-4790361]

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Perhaps the idea is to help get him back in to the routine of travelling with the squad and gearing up for a match day? Getting that familiarity in place might actually be a great benefit for him ahead of his on pitch return. 

Perhaps.  Were not really in a position to do that though. We have few enough attacking options as it is. He could as easily travel with the team/ be sat with the team on match days.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Rosenior's comments on Thursday, including "There is a lot of games to come, and I know fans are really excited to see him, We are too, but it is our job to make sure it is at the right time", made no sense whatsover.

[From https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-jordon-ibe-liverpool-4790361]

What a surprise. 
the bloke likes the sound of his own voice too much.

On 10/12/2020 at 13:17, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.d17734e87aedc2d53e040fdaba2beb90.png

Subs: Roos, Buchanan, Te Wierik, Evans, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, Waghorn, Hector-Ingram

I worry about Wisdom at CB especially against Stoke as he's very poor at heading. So maybe Evans or Te Wierik instead?

Forsyth may need a rest, we all know what he's like with injuries. Buchanan on in 2nd half.

Won't get 90mins out of Ibe either so he will have to be subbed in 2nd half.

Knight over Bird to cover Shinnies suspension as he offers a lot more energy and tempo. 

Lawrence in his best position but if he's having another off day bring on Sibley half time.

This would be my 11 too. 

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What a surprise. 
the bloke likes the sound of his own voice too much.

Trouble is, if I was a player, I wouldn't listen to a word he says after listening to his interviews. Get him out of this club. Most blame cocu,morris,rooney but if I had the power, he'd of been long gone.

Archived