v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Marshall 

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Forsyth 

Bielik   Knight 

Waghorn   Lawrence   Jozwiak

CKR

Roos, McDonald, Buchanan, MTW, Bird, Holmes, Sibley, Stretton, Ibe (Whittaker for Sibley if he is injured?)

Sibley seems to be behind Lawrence at the minute, didn’t make the squad on Wednesday and don’t think he was injured?!

Waghorn for Holmes, Knight for Shinnie and Byrne back in with Wisdom moving to centre back.

Give CKR 60mins and then stick Waghorn up front and give Ibe a run out on the right.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Marshall 

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Forsyth 

Bielik   Knight 

Waghorn   Lawrence   Jozwiak

CKR

Roos, McDonald, Buchanan, MTW, Bird, Holmes, Sibley, Stretton, Ibe (Whittaker for Sibley if he is injured?)

Sibley seems to be behind Lawrence at the minute, didn’t make the squad on Wednesday and don’t think he was injured?!

Waghorn for Holmes, Knight for Shinnie and Byrne back in with Wisdom moving to centre back.

Give CKR 60mins and then stick Waghorn up front and give Ibe a run out on the right.

I think that might be the team ^^^^, but depends a bit on whether Foz and\or CKR are in condition to play another match so soon. I think Rooney will want Bird involved, and if so Lawrence I think makes way and Knight has another go further up the field. I would like to see Ibe and Sibley get some second half action though. Be interesting to see if Evans or MTW are on the bench. If not the latter it must be thought he will be back to Holland in Jan.

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yep, hearing this from a few chip eaters at work, horrendous injury list. Thing is though they are doing ok, lost the other night only because they missed a penalty when 1-0 up.

Tough game, McLean suspended is a blow for them. If we continue to improve we have nothing to fear, a tad more composure and we are as good as anyone in this league.

Wow, they were not exaggerating 

image.png.f49a6100857591b44069b87757826e23.png

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Imagine having that many players!!! ?

Despite having 2 keepers out injured, they still have Bursik, Lonergan and Maenpaa to choose from.

They also have the luxury of defensive options: Chester, Lindsay, Shawcross, Collins, Tymon, Fox and Smith. That's not even including Wimmer and Bauer who they're excluding from their squad.

Marshall; Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth; Bielik, Bird; Waghorn, Knight, Jozwiak; CKR.

Losing Davies and Shinnie will both be a blow as we were just beginning to see the spine of the team being formed.

It sounds like Stoke have picked up a few injuries recently, the most notable being star striker Tyrese Campbell, who looks like he's done something to his knee. (7 goals in all competitions so far this season)

The 3 points are certainly there for the taking if we can continue this mini run of form.

Posted 21 hours ago

21 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Still would like to see us play two up front as 2 or 3 shots on target per game will not get us very far. The other night not a shot on target at all but a good point at the end of the night. I'd go 442 so that it gives us a better chance of scoring goals.

Marshall

Byrne     Wisdom    Clarke    Forsyth

Waghorn  Knight    Bielik     Jozwiak

Kazim      Stretton

21 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Brentford didn't either though. 

In general this season Brentford do have lots of shots on target that is why they are in and around the top six and the reason we are near the bottom is because we do not have enough shots on target, this is why I think it is worth trying to play two up top to give us the chance of scoring more goals because the current system is not producing goals. I'm not sure how many clean sheets we can keep to scrape the odd 1-0 win currently.

Not falling for the ‘must win’ routine but with this little bit of momentum if we can see the confidence growing, I believe we really have a very capable squad, the impact of the C word is huge. Two home games, I’m expecting victory...... then again what’s new...

.College Life Drinking GIF by NETFLIX

image.png.63dba625a8f8ee0de06a1479c788b73b.png

If CKR is rested, move Waghorn up top, Lawrence out wide and play SIbley.

What's happened to te Wierik? He can't be that bad, looks like he has the attributes to be a good CB. We need leaders in defence which is what he's meant to be having captained Groningen. Or has he just turned out to be a Dutch Albentosa? Could really do with him now Davies is injuried 

3 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Posted 21 hours ago

21 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Still would like to see us play two up front as 2 or 3 shots on target per game will not get us very far. The other night not a shot on target at all but a good point at the end of the night. I'd go 442 so that it gives us a better chance of scoring goals.

Marshall

Byrne     Wisdom    Clarke    Forsyth

Waghorn  Knight    Bielik     Jozwiak

Kazim      Stretton

In general this season Brentford do have lots of shots on target that is why they are in and around the top six and the reason we are near the bottom is because we do not have enough shots on target, this is why I think it is worth trying to play two up top to give us the chance of scoring more goals because the current system is not producing goals. I'm not sure how many clean sheets we can keep to scrape the odd 1-0 win currently.

So you could say we did well to stop them then.

Yeah agree we need to work on getting more shots and creating a bit more, but i think it will come. 

5 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

What's happened to te Wierik? He can't be that bad, looks like he has the attributes to be a good CB. We need leaders in defence which is what he's meant to be having captained Groningen. Or has he just turned out to be a Dutch Albentosa? Could really do with him now Davies is injuried 

Yeah very similar to what i would pick. 

Ibe over Waghorn for me but i know we won't get 90min out of him.

Not sure what's happened to MTW either. Could do with him in this game as Wisdom quite poor at heading and it's Stoke city. But Rooney has told them all if you train well, you play. So clearly he's not been doing that well in training. 

13 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I think it's probaby this, he'll go back to the dutch league and be decent for someone and we'll be scratching our heads as to why he never did that good here.

Assuming Curtis is out...

image.png.ab56ce96305fbc20e01b99933bd2e814.png

I can't have Wisdom at CB so Evans goes in with Solomon the back-up. We have to start winning games now so Bielik the sole DM with Sibbo and Knight either side. Ibe to get 60 minutes with Waggy the replacement. Likewise Colin and Lawrence, the latter being far more use played centrally than out wide. A poo or bust selection it, has to be said.

I say this every game, but stop playing with two defensive mids - Bielik more than sufficient in that role. With Davies out my team would be:

Marshall

Macdonald Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bielik

Knight Sibley

Ibe Stretton Joswiak

Don't know if it will work with Stretton and think Col has done a good job, but he looked spent after 30 minutes against Brentford and imo needs a rest. Joswiak looked good, but not convinced by either of the players on the other side, so would try Ibe for a change instead.

Archived