• Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Marshall

Wisdom       Forsyth

Byrne              Bielik            Buchanan

Knight            Bird

Jozwiak        CKR          Waghorn

That's interesting. Never considered putting Kazim in goal and having a Marshall upfront. I like Byrne and Buchanan as inverted wing backs, but I don't think the balance is right with Wisdom and Forsyth as inside forwards as well.

image.png.d17734e87aedc2d53e040fdaba2beb90.png

Subs: Roos, Buchanan, Te Wierik, Evans, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, Waghorn, Hector-Ingram

I worry about Wisdom at CB especially against Stoke as he's very poor at heading. So maybe Evans or Te Wierik instead?

Forsyth may need a rest, we all know what he's like with injuries. Buchanan on in 2nd half.

Won't get 90mins out of Ibe either so he will have to be subbed in 2nd half.

Knight over Bird to cover Shinnies suspension as he offers a lot more energy and tempo. 

Lawrence in his best position but if he's having another off day bring on Sibley half time.

35 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.d17734e87aedc2d53e040fdaba2beb90.png

Subs: Roos, Buchanan, Te Wierik, Evans, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, Waghorn, Hector-Ingram

I worry about Wisdom at CB especially against Stoke as he's very poor at heading. So maybe Evans or Te Wierik instead?

Forsyth may need a rest, we all know what he's like with injuries. Buchanan on in 2nd half.

Won't get 90mins out of Ibe either so he will have to be subbed in 2nd half.

Knight over Bird to cover Shinnies suspension as he offers a lot more energy and tempo. 

Lawrence in his best position but if he's having another off day bring on Sibley half time.

A lot pf people are saying Knight and CKR are getting rested.

I don't think Ibe should be starting, should come on as sub.

Other than that agree.

Whilst we have been better defensively recently (2 clean sheets on the trot), I don't know where the goals are going to come from? We tend to set up defensively (2 holding midfielders) and then we have either Holmes or Lawrence (or both) on the pitch. In the last two games, we have had Ibe on the bench. I would have liked to have seen him come on as I think he may offer us something different / more. But even when we do push up on the wing, there seems little movement in the middle / in the box, so crosses are usually wasted. 

Still would like to see us play two up front as 2 or 3 shots on target per game will not get us very far. The other night not a shot on target at all but a good point at the end of the night. I'd go 442 so that it gives us a better chance of scoring goals.

Marshall

Byrne     Wisdom    Clarke    Forsyth

Waghorn  Knight    Bielik     Jozwiak

Kazim      Stretton

Stoke have a lot of injuries right now. Some may be rushed back for the weekend: Davies, Gunn, Batth, Clucas, Mikel, Thompson, Allen, Campbell, Brown, Fletcher, Gregory
McClean is also suspended
Souttar is currently self isolating, but his last day of that is Friday. With the limited squad he may be on the bench.

They refuse to play Wimmer or Bauer.

With their lack of attacking players available (only Powell, Verlinden, Ince and Vokes) expect them to set up very defensively, even by Stoke's standards.

Marshall

Byrne      MTW           Clarke     Forsyth

Bird             Bielik

Knight

Whittaker            CKR             Jozwiak

42 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Still would like to see us play two up front as 2 or 3 shots on target per game will not get us very far. The other night not a shot on target at all but a good point at the end of the night. I'd go 442 so that it gives us a better chance of scoring goals.

Marshall

Byrne     Wisdom    Clarke    Forsyth

Waghorn  Knight    Bielik     Jozwiak

Kazim      Stretton

Brentford didn't either though. 

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

To be honest, I would also leave Wisdom out based on his performances this season. He produces too many costly mistakes and lapses in concentration.

If Wis could read a game better and keep concentration a tad more he'd be a Premier League regular. He's quick enough, strong as an ox, tidy enough with the ball at his feet. He can chip the ball harder than most players can volley it but, but........

So frustrating when he looks commanding for half an hour then drifts under a cross or fails to see someone coming round the back of him.

I find myself shouting at the telly!

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

One of my best mates is a Potters fan, season ticket holder for years. He says we are playing them at a good time as a big injury crisis has hit them......fingers crossed he is right, he usually is.....

Yep, hearing this from a few chip eaters at work, horrendous injury list. Thing is though they are doing ok, lost the other night only because they missed a penalty when 1-0 up.

Tough game, McLean suspended is a blow for them. If we continue to improve we have nothing to fear, a tad more composure and we are as good as anyone in this league.

I'd rest Kazim and start Waghorn. 

Byrne back in at RB, shuffle Wisdom to CB. 

Then the difficult one is RW. Holmes doesn't deserve his place. Ibe or Lawrence?

Hard to know, especially with the lack of games Ibe has played in the last year. 

But then I just remembered how bad Lawrence is, so I'd go with Ibe RW. 

Do we know why Sibley was not even on the bench v Brentford? Worrying if he is being put in the starting side by many and looks out of favour to Rooney? 

Hope he comes good though as he is one who can create and put defences under pressure. 

I would play him in the 10 role and move Knight next to Christian. 

Bryne at right back and Wisdom CB. I would have said Mike TW but he seems to have disappeared as well. 

Archived