Bubbles

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Marshall

Byrne. Wisdom.  Clarke.  Buchanan

Bielik.        Knight 

Jozwiak.       Sibley.     Lawrence

Kazim-Richards

COYR ?

Just realised from another post that I picked the same team as you! 

We must be equally deluded ?

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Byrne       Wisdom      Clarke        Forsyth

Bielik

Knight             Holmes

Jozwiak                CKR                 Lawrence

22 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Marshall

Byrne       Wisdom      Clarke        Forsyth

Bielik

Knight             Holmes

Jozwiak                CKR                 Lawrence

Do you think after the last two performances Holmes deserves his place?

3 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Davies is a bit ambitious considering the injury he picked up. 
strange MTW hasn’t been in the squads lately, maybe he’ll come in from the cold but I see Wiz playing at CB

I know, mate. Ultimately we don't know the extent of the injury, so it was more wishful thinking....

Yeah Wiz most likely option, wouldn't mind seeing MTW being given another chance, he was solid against Bournemouth.

11 minutes ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

Looks like a draughts board ! 

But for personnel, this would be my choice also, perhaps Wiz for dutch Mike

I keep telling Bryne to push out, but he doesn't listen.

I just don't trust Wisdom at centre back, poor in the air and a bit dozy at times. 

Can't believe so many want to leave Wiz out, thought he did well last night gives us some pace and strength at the back. 

Marshall 

Byrne      Wisdom   Clarke    Fozzy 

Bielik  Bird 

Waghorn      Lawrence      Jozwiak 

CKR 

Hard to leave Knight out but he probably needs and has earnt a rest. 

To be honest, I would also leave Wisdom out based on his performances this season. He produces too many costly mistakes and lapses in concentration.

Evans is of a similar standard.

Especially with Davies injured, Te Wierik would be the choice for me. However he seems to have been frozen out. He hasn’t been in the squad for seven consecutive games.

Wisdom gets the shirt by default, unless Rooney is brave enough to promote someone like Harrison Solomon.

Marshall

Byrne.   Wiz   Clarke   Buchanan

Bielik         Knight 

Waggy    Sibley    Jozwiak

CKR

Lawrence and Ibe on the bench. Holmes dropped. Not 100% on Wisdom as better at RB. Could drop MTW back in but he seems to be out of favour? 

Change of emphasis for Stoke - they're likely to sit back and let us dominate possession so we need to force the issue and ideally score early to draw them out.

In terms of line up, think CKR needs a rest with 3 games in a week so would bring Waggy in up top. Whilst I don't expect him to hold the ball up as well as CKR, I absolutely would expect him to be more mobile & take those central positions when crosses are being delivered. Just behind Waghorn, I would have a very mobile 3 of Jozwiak, Sibley & Lawrence - with all 3 given scope to swap positions & drag Stoke's defensive shape around but with the caveat that they get into the box as much as possible when we are on the front foot. 

Shinnie's suspension opens up an opportunity for Bird, who in turn would allow Bielik to get slightly further up the field. I'd also bring Buchanan in for Forsyth, both from a superior attacking threat POV but also because Forsyth has played 2 full games in 5 days. Wisdom to shift to CB in Davies' absence with Byrne returning at RB.

Whilst he's been a little dynamo these last few days, I'd also give Knight a rest & perhaps bring him on for Bielik later on, to share the midfield load. I'd also like to see Ibe & Stretton get some game time also - obviously dependant on match circumstances.

image.png.d63ea0b87536030af83b3028a147b32f.png

Archived