Relegation watch

Spanish

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If we are looking at the ‘magic 50’ to stay up, things look good.

Rotherham need 7 wins to reach 50 points. Sheff Wed need 7 wins and 1 draw to reach 50 points. We need 4.

We’ve added four points to our cushion from the bottom three this week.

March and April will be tough. But everything seems to be going our way at the moment.

Stop being so darn positive ?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Stop being so darn positive ?

Not even I can deny the facts.

With 10 points in our last 5, we have given ourselves a great platform.

We play Millwall, Luton, Birmingham, Sheff Wed at home and Coventry away before the season’s end, so even though our run in is tough, there are opportunities there for us to strike.

If we can’t get 12 points from 14 games, would we deserve to stay up?

Edited by Jourdan

42 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Some results heading our way back nicely at the.moment some time to go. Our Dwayne subbed after 54 mins. Wendies were two up now 2-2. Brum losing, Cov drawing, Luton drawing. Rovrum losing. Good point last night. Cardiff bang on form at present. Big test for us

Wendies lost from two goals up. Luton won. Rovrum lost. Ten points clear of Wendies now.  Brum with great comeback win over QPR. Uddersfield list. So.... Very good day for us 

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Not even I can deny the facts.

With 10 points in our last 5, we have given ourselves a great platform.

We play Millwall, Luton, Birmingham, Sheff Wed at home and Coventry away before the season’s end, so even though our run in is tough, there are opportunities there for us to strike.

Erm...Are you saying that our survival is in our own hands now?

We haven't won many of our games since you said otherwise and you have already changed your mind?

16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If we lost every game left this season and finished out the bottom three, then we'd still deserve to stay up!

You can take average figures from previous seasons, but it matters very little. Yes it would be nice to get to 50 points as the average chance of us going down probably decreases, but as long as we can keep the gap to the bottom three, and increase it where possible, then I'm happy.

Obviously things change very quickly in this division, and a team in awful form can suddenly be a team in good form in a couple of games, however the likes of Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield etc. look so poor, I just can't see them being able to win enough to make up the points total and then the extra to overtake us.

Performances like last night are frustrating, particularly given the opposition, but points like that could be very important. This season is a matter of survival, it doesn't matter if we finish 14th or 21st, we will still be in the exact same position to approach next season in the Championship. I'd personally be more than happy just to match the results on the bottom three for the rest of this season, and get it over and done with so we can hopefully begin to look up again and improve.

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Erm...Are you saying that our survival is in our own hands now?

We haven't won many of our games since you said otherwise and you have already changed your mind?

Rotherham have lost three from three and Wednesday have lost three from three in the past week. Both are currently on a run of five defeats from six.

The results against Huddersfield and Forest were huge for our cause and everything else is going our way. Am I supposed to ignore that in a bid to push a previous point?

Do I think our work is done? No. We need to get to 50 points or more, as I’ve said. We still have to be wary as March and April will be tough, as I’ve said. But we are certainly in a better position than we were a week ago - it would be pig headed for me not to acknowledge that.

Do I think things can change quickly and we can be under pressure again? Absolutely. But what’s wrong with enjoying a positive weekend of results?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Rotherham have lost three from three and Wednesday have lost three from three in the past week. Both are currently on a run of five defeats from six.

The results against Huddersfield and Forest were huge for our cause and everything else is going our way. Am I supposed to ignore that in a bid to push a previous point?

Do I think our work is done? No. We need to get to 50 points or more, as I’ve said. We still have to be wary as March and April will be tough, as I’ve said. But we are certainly in a better position than we were a week ago - it would be pig headed for me not to acknowledge that.

Do I think things can change quickly and we can be under pressure again? Absolutely. But what’s wrong with enjoying a positive weekend of results?

Lots of good thinking, but you didn't answer my question.

Do you think our survival is in our own hands? You didn't not that many rounds ago.

And please, do enjoy good results. I wish you'd do it more often.

33 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If we lost every game left this season and finished out the bottom three, then we'd still deserve to stay up!

You can take average figures from previous seasons, but it matters very little. Yes it would be nice to get to 50 points as the average chance of us going down probably decreases, but as long as we can keep the gap to the bottom three, and increase it where possible, then I'm happy.

Obviously things change very quickly in this division, and a team in awful form can suddenly be a team in good form in a couple of games, however the likes of Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield etc. look so poor, I just can't see them being able to win enough to make up the points total and then the extra to overtake us.

Performances like last night are frustrating, particularly given the opposition, but points like that could be very important. This season is a matter of survival, it doesn't matter if we finish 14th or 21st, we will still be in the exact same position to approach next season in the Championship. I'd personally be more than happy just to match the results on the bottom three for the rest of this season, and get it over and done with so we can hopefully begin to look up again and improve.

Confidence and being on the up can give you a flying start next season

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Confidence and being on the up can give you a flying start next season

It can, but I can see a lot of changes coming in the summer with personnel. There's going to have to be with our expiring contracts and six loanees. I think the confidence will be built (or possibly not built) through that in the summer. It's nice to win games and finish as high as possible, but it'll mean the exact same for us. Finishing towards the top of the bottom half or closer to the bottom half shouldn't really have too much of an impact on whatever our prospects are.

12 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Lots of good thinking, but you didn't answer my question.

Do you think our survival is in our own hands? You didn't not that many rounds ago.

And please, do enjoy good results. I wish you'd do it more often.

Yes, there has been a big momentum shift and now safety is in our hands.

I didn’t expect Wednesday and Rotherham to capitulate so greatly. Look where Rotherham were when they beat us. Look where Sheff Wed were when they beat Bournemouth.

We’re in a great position now but we still have to keep our heads through March and April.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It can, but I can see a lot of changes coming in the summer with personnel. There's going to have to be with our expiring contracts and six loanees. I think the confidence will be built (or possibly not built) through that in the summer. It's nice to win games and finish as high as possible, but it'll mean the exact same for us. Finishing towards the top of the bottom half or closer to the bottom half shouldn't really have too much of an impact on whatever our prospects are.

Would be interesting to speculate how many of our present players will be in our first team squad on kick off day of next season. My guess is six loans including a couple of our present loans. Our loanees have 14 more games to impress and be offered a contract for next year.

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Yes, there has been a big momentum shift and now safety is in our hands.

I didn’t expect Wednesday and Rotherham to capitulate so greatly. Look where Rotherham were when they beat us. Look where Sheff Wed were when they beat Bournemouth.

We’re in a great position now but we still have to keep our heads through March and April.

At the present point collecting rate none of the teams below us will get 48 points. One or two may achieve it and make 48-52 points. So 14 more points needed to be pretty sure of staying up. We will see. 

30 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Would be interesting to speculate how many of our present players will be in our first team squad on kick off day of next season. My guess is six loans including a couple of our present loans. Our loanees have 14 more games to impress and be offered a contract for next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the loanees have been brought in with a view to bring them in again either on loan or permanently in the summer. I'd love Clarke to stay but I can't see it, especially if Brighton come down then there's no chance. Edmundson may be here for that reason, Baningime as cover with Bielik unlikely to return until around Christmas etc...

55 minutes ago, Rampage said:

At the present point collecting rate none of the teams below us will get 48 points. One or two may achieve it and make 48-52 points. So 14 more points needed to be pretty sure of staying up. We will see. 

Plus the extra points we need to cover any efl deduction