Where does Marshall rank?

BrudeRAM

Where does Marshall rank?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think recency bias is skewing peoples views slightly, there is no way Marshall 20/21 is better than Carson 16/17 and 17/18 was. I do rate Marshall, he is a good all round keeper, my controversial opinion is that I think he's beginning to get slightly overrated by our fans. This season, there's a fair few goals we've conceded that he can easily be blamed for, but this is not me saying he hasn't saved our backside a lot too. Luton's 1st goal, Barnsley's 1st goal, Boro's 1st goal and Wycombe's goal, are all goals that were his fault/he could have done a lot better, you can even include Coventry's goal.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/12/2020 at 21:32, Chris_Martin said:

You have Hamer there, but no Roos on the list?

Wasn’t intentional I’ll be honest, must have missed him off when doing the choices. For what it’s worth thought he was pretty dire most of the time anyway

28 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Always had a soft spot for martin taylor. Think he might of gone on to get a cap if dave regis didnt snap him in half. 

He was on the verge of signing for Chelsea (along with Paul Williams) and was going to be called up to the England squad. 

It’s interesting looking  back and thinking how good players were. Poom for me is the best I’ve seen.

A few on here have mentioned Shilton. I have argued with my brother about this lots. He thinks Shilts was brilliant for us and I thought he was well past his sell by date when he was with us. He had a couple of worldie performances where he rolled back the years but the relegation season in particular he was diabolical (check out the season review on Rams TV). I sometimes think people are a bit forgiving to players who have had stellar careers.

21 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

It’s interesting looking  back and thinking how good players were. Poom for me is the best I’ve seen.

A few on here have mentioned Shilton. I have argued with my brother about this lots. He thinks Shilts was brilliant for us and I thought he was well past his sell by date when he was with us. He had a couple of worldie performances where he rolled back the years but the relegation season in particular he was diabolical (check out the season review on Rams TV). I sometimes think people are a bit forgiving to players who have had stellar careers.

Shilton was very good for us for two years.  He really shouldn't have been playing much at all in 90/91 as he had chronic back issues and should have knocked it on the head.  He actually had them in the world cup shoot out against Germany which is probably why he dived well after each ball was hit. 

On 08/12/2020 at 16:23, dantheram said:

Not sure he’s up to Patrik Folletti standards just yet. 

If ever there was a football  nightmare it was that guys performance in the 4-3 defeat to Everton.  His horrific performance was the point at which relegation was inevitable .  Win that one go above Bolton and a point behind Everton we would have stayed up.  

About the same as Lee Grant on a good day.

making one error per game 

not quite the clangers that Grant dropped 

has a tendency to kick right across his open goal to the opposite full back. 
makes good saves but has also cost us points. 

Archived