Where does Marshall rank?

BrudeRAM

Where does Marshall rank?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m still confused by the Marshall signing to some extent. It seems like he had some pedigree and was available, and certainly an upgrade, so we just went for it. It certainly made no sense if we were going for a goalkeeper stylistically to match what we wanted to do building out from the back because he’s crap at it and has never done it before. 

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Poom - how Jim Smith found him I do not know - what a good signing and he did it all in the premiership 

I think we were scouting him when he had an absolute stormer in a 0-0 draw against Scotland. Signed a month later. A game that Scotland thought they shouldn't have to play because estonia didn't turn up to the first fixture but FIFA made them play the game 

10 hours ago, BrudeRAM said:

Feeling like at least someone in this squad needs a bit of praise lately! I know it's early but I've been wondering about people's opinion on where Marshall ranks amongst Derby's recent keepers. I think he's been fantastic (forgetting the howler against Barnsley) and was thinking last night when was the last time we had a better keeper. 

Carson was solid and a definite contender for most of his time here

Grant had an excellent couple for years but fell off towards the end

Fielding showed promise at times but was inconsistent 

The mighty Poom?

Marshall...so far the best I can remember? (admittedly I was born in the 90's so living memory isn't as far-reaching as some forum members)

You have Hamer there, but no Roos on the list?

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I think we were scouting him when he had an absolute stormer in a 0-0 draw against Scotland. Signed a month later. A game that Scotland thought they shouldn't have to play because estonia didn't turn up to the first fixture but FIFA made them play the game 

Pretty sure Poom spent some time at Pompey when JS managed there so was well known to him 

Archived