v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

So do I.

Feel more for Sibley. Looks bright against Middlesbrough against the odds, looks lively in the first half against Wycombe in a turgid midfield and then.... back to the bench before being dropped entirely.

I'm getting increasingly worried that someone is going to see a chance for picking up a bargain with him in January and we'll be wondering what happened in 6 months time when he's tearing up the league for someone else.

don't worry he wont be....because he really isn't all that great.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I can understand not changing a winning team (apart from the enforced change). 

That said Holmes is lucky to keep his place and really needs to up his game given Waghorns impact when he replaced him!

Also what has happened Sibley? Is he injured?

CKR could really do with a rest, but we're going to have to keep pushing him as he's the only player in the squad that can fill that role. 

Let's hope we can surprise EVERYONE ON HERE and take some points!

there you go.... that's better isn't it.!?

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It seems increasingly clear that he's going to be frozen. Shame really, don't think he ever really had a fair chance of things.

MTW definitely looked out of his depth. Every time we saw him play for the first team he was an absolute disaster, and you'd assume it's clear he's no better in training. 

48 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

How is Duane Holmes keeping his place here? Feel for Waghorn on this one.

He's promised Wayne a guest spot on one of his Call of Duty streams

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

don't worry he wont be....because he really isn't all that great.

I mean I think you are very wrong there. 

Some of his performances at the tail of last year were outstanding, the game against Millwall is probably the best individual performance I've seen in a decade. 

I'm convinced someone is going to get him playing close to that level regularly whether it's with us or not.

15 minutes ago, rynny said:

Holmes and Knight can both drop into centre mid as well if needs be. 

Holmes is weak as piss in midfield I'm afraid. Had a couple of games there under Lampard and he was like a Tonka toy getting hit by a JCB. Personally. I can't see that he offers much elsewhere either.  How he starts and Sibley isn't even sub in a group of nine bewilders me. 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Some of his performances at the tail of last year were outstanding, the game against Millwall is probably the best individual performance I've seen in a decade. 

I'm convinced someone is going to get him playing close to that level regularly whether it's with us or not.

The best individual performance you have seen in a decade......!! wow...things have been a tough watch for you..

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's promised Wayne a a guest spot on one of his Call of Duty streams

"Well, you know, ermmm...I think we should drop at the airport and errmmm...head to storage town after and then ermmm...hide out in the bunker ermmm..."

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

He's still young and the team is struggling still. Might be as much about getting the team firing before bringing him back in as anything.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

MTW definitely looked out of his depth. Every time we saw him play for the first time he was an absolute disaster, and you'd assume it's clear he's no better in training. 

Maybe ? But 4 games seems hard to judge and he did alright I thought against Bournemouth. Didn't think he even looked that bad in the early games, more just a bit unused to the up and unders you get at this level.

Your point about training is fair but I don't entirely trust the judgement of the current coaching staff right now and I'd have like to have seen a touch more patience granted to him.

He's not the only defender to have made mistakes this season but seems to be the only one who's really played for it.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The best individual performance you have seen in a decade......!! wow...things have been a tough watch for you..

I mean did you not watch that game ? 

He almost single handedly tore open a compact Millwall defence, scored a fabulous opening goals, got his hat trick and could have had 5. All on his second league start.

What more do you expect ? 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Maybe ? But 4 games seems hard to judge and he did alright I thought against Bournemouth. Didn't think he even looked that bad in the early games, more just a bit unused to the up and unders you get at this level.

Your point about training is fair but I don't entirely trust the judgement of the current coaching staff right now and I'd have like to have seen a touch more patience granted to him.

He's not the only defender to have made mistakes this season but seems to be the only one who's really played for it.

Plenty of our defenders have made mistakes, but Te Wierik at times was a complete liability. I have no idea what he's meant to offer, not strong, can't work out how to play the line, can't judge an over the top ball properly, no great passer of the ball. Have nothing against him as a man, but he's not good enough to play for Derby and he won't ever be. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Plenty of our defenders have made mistakes, but Te Wierik at times was a complete liability. I have no idea what he's meant to offer, not strong, can't work out how to play the line, can't judge an over the top ball properly, no great passer of the ball. Have nothing against him as a man, but he's not good enough to play for Derby and he won't ever be. 

Like maybe you are right but I don't think he came in under the best conditions, he has played at a decent level for some time and I just don't think he's been given a fair crack. To be honest I think other defenders have looked just as much of a liability at times but that's by the by.

I hope he turns it around but I don't think it really matters now as I suspect he'll be back on his way to the Netherlands once the window opens.

Archived