v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m happy with that. 

slightly concerned about CKR .. has he got the legs, but there are useful options on the bench. 

In a way I am quite glad changes are minimal .. helps to get a unit working as one regardless of who your favourite player is. COYR

I guess it’s the whole “don’t change a winning team” mentality at play there, other than the enforced change of Wisdom for Byrne. God knows how Holmes continually keeps his place though given his performances so far this season, Waghorn deserved a start based on his impact the other day. I’ve also got concerns over Kazim’s fitness, not sure he’ll be up to starting yet enjoy her game in quick succession - he look knackered the other day.

2 minutes ago, Beanie said:

Good to see Whittaker on the bench.

Bit surprising even with 9 subs that MTW doesn't make the bench only one defender on it in Buchanan!!

I guess the idea is if one of the defenders needs to go off both Wisdom and Fozzy can cover CB.

Yeah, it think MTW is probably going to go back to Holland in Jan where he was quite decent, just didn't work out here (my guess, not ITK or anything).

Also, good on McDonald for making the bench

I can understand not changing a winning team (apart from the enforced change). 

That said Holmes is lucky to keep his place and really needs to up his game given Waghorns impact when he replaced him!

Also what has happened Sibley? Is he injured?

CKR could really do with a rest, but we're going to have to keep pushing him as he's the only player in the squad that can fill that role. 

Let's hope we can surprise Brentford and take some points!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I can understand not changing a winning team (apart from the enforced change). 

That said Holmes is lucky to keep his place and really needs to up his game given Waghorns impact when he replaced him!

Also what has happened Sibley? Is he injured?

CKR could really do with a rest, but we're going to have to keep pushing him as he's the only player in the squad that can fill that role. 

Let's hope we can surprise Brentford and take some points!

Also meant to add that this is one of the few games where I think Shinnie will be much less affective and we could probably have done with Sibley or Bird on from the start instead!

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And both of the starting full back can fill in at CB.

The strange one for me is only 1 CM on the bench but 5 players who play in the 3 attacking positions. Surely Sibley gives us more options than an extra winger?

Holmes and Knight can both drop into centre mid as well if needs be. 

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not sure I've had only made the one change, but to fair to them, they got the win last time out.

Ibe on the bench again, lets hope he gets some minutes.

Glad Jozwiak gets the nod again, he put a shift in on Saturday. Sorry Tom.

Expect (situation depending, obviously) similar subs as well.

Ehhh sort of ? That wasn't the line up when we scored the winning goal but was that because of the work done previously or in spite of it ?

Personally think it's a pretty uninspiring if unsurprising lineup, I understand the incentive for staying/going with a fairly defensive line up but I think that midfield with that defence is going to lose the ball a fair bit and I worry the likes of Brentford will exploit being given such cheap easy possession.

30 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m happy with that. 

slightly concerned about CKR .. has he got the legs, but there are useful options on the bench. 

In a way I am quite glad changes are minimal .. helps to get a unit working as one regardless of who your favourite player is. COYR

I agree about CKR. Thought he looked a bit off it on Saturday. Hopefully he was just having a bad day at the office and not suffering from burnout.  

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And both of the starting full back can fill in at CB.

The strange one for me is only 1 CM on the bench but 5 players who play in the 3 attacking positions. Surely Sibley gives us more options than an extra winger?

Only just noticed that he's not on the bench..... that's a travesty.

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Ehhh sort of ? That wasn't the line up when we scored the winning goal but was that because of the work done previously or in spite of it ?

Personally think it's a pretty uninspiring if unsurprising lineup, I understand the incentive for staying/going with a fairly defensive line up but I think that midfield with that defence is going to lose the ball a fair bit and I worry the likes of Brentford will exploit being given such cheap easy possession.

Good post mate 

my feelings on the matter too 

26 minutes ago, Beanie said:

Good to see Whittaker on the bench.

Bit surprising even with 9 subs that MTW doesn't make the bench only one defender on it in Buchanan!!

It seems increasingly clear that he's going to be frozen. Shame really, don't think he ever really had a fair chance of things.

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

How is Duane Holmes keeping his place here? Feel for Waghorn on this one.

So do I.

Feel more for Sibley. Looks bright against Middlesbrough against the odds, looks lively in the first half against Wycombe in a turgid midfield and then.... back to the bench before being dropped entirely.

I'm getting increasingly worried that someone is going to see a chance for picking up a bargain with him in January and we'll be wondering what happened in 6 months time when he's tearing up the league for someone else.

Archived