v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Absolute ducking baalocks. 

He got dropped for not covering the full back. He spends most of his time coming in off the line during attacks leaving the full back completely exposed when he inevitably loses the ball. He let's runners go past him, he gives away stupid free kicks and offers nothing going forward. 

Did you not see how it was done by Jozwiak? 

Pretty much my thoughts, though I'd have asked for his dealers telephone number.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Bit crap at systems but in my head it'd be something like this - starters & possible subs:

System: 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 

image.png.3dc25d545464b82c50a836c0af8ef45f.png

Marshall - picks himself right now on the proviso he and Clark cut out the silly stuff and just pump it long or wide if under pressure. 

Buchanan - starts which is rough on Fozzy but the latter can't start every game, so Fozzy on late as legs tire. Must concentrate though. No switching off!

Clarke & Davies - our most robust CB pairing presently - Clarky boy, no dozing off please, you're our current POTY after all. Will have their work cut out against a fearsome Bees strike force. Bielik to shield but be prepared to drive forward when the opportunity presents itself.

Wisdom - simply not a CB but can be really good in his favoured RB position - playing his way back to full fitness? Show us the attacking intent and crossing ability we saw prior to the Toxteth incident, please big lad! 

Bielik - I was mocked by a couple of posters on here for overstating his potential impact - you know who you are! I'll let him do the talking. Massive job to do - shield the back 4, break up play and drive us forward. Needs minding though so Bird to replace on 60 and no later. Simply can't risk him getting injured despite our league position.

Knight & Shinnie - MF dynamos will have to work really hard but always do - if we compete in MF we can get something from the game. If we don't, could be a long night ? Sibbo a potential replacement to give them something to think about in the last 20-30. Has looked a handful against tired legs on several occasions already this season.

Jozzy & Waggy - Jozwiak looked back in good form last time out and Waggy so much better on the right flank than at CF. Must work hard, not only to track back, but also to bomb on past CKR. Must also look to get on the end of the cute stuff he can do with back to goal. Jordon to get 30 mins as we bring him back to match fitness.

CKR - A legend in his own lunchtime. Needs minding though as he would run himself unconscious if untended. Maybe some minutes for Stretton who I'm convinced is a born striker and potential goal machine, if not for this season, then next.

Selections and reasoning make sense to me, especially where MW does best. Would be disappointed if Bielik and Jozwiak don't start.

A point would be a brilliant outcome

Same side as per Milwall but would quite like to see Sibley start wide right and replace Holmes with Knight in RCM position and those two inter changing throughout. 

Assuming we'll also see Buchanan replacing Fozzy and Wisdom at RB too.

Cautiously optimistic well play some good football tomorrow but will take a draw for sure.

Joz is a grafter too I like him. I’m not a particularly a massive fan of Lawrence but I’ll always admit his work rate is better than most wingers, I think his work rate is one of the reasons he fluffs chances and doesn’t look as composed. 
Watch him if he’s playing again tonight you’ll see the amount of recovery runs he puts in. 
He likely got dropped for Rooney wanting to play Joz but also not wanting to drop Holmes for his game against Wycombe. 

personally though I preferred Joz on the left last week and Waghorn plays his best games on the right wing so I’d keep him of the team and play waghorn and Joz on the wings. 

genuinly you can knock his decision making, composure etc but he does work hard. 

7 hours ago, Norman said:

Absolute ducking baalocks. 

He got dropped for not covering the full back. He spends most of his time coming in off the line during attacks leaving the full back completely exposed when he inevitably loses the ball. He let's runners go past him, he gives away stupid free kicks and offers nothing going forward. 

Did you not see how it was done by Jozwiak? 

Toney and Forss have both been clinical so far and now they both have been shoehorned to starting lineup. They seem to have good understanding between themselves even though Forss is played out wide. Busy day for Wisdom and centerbacks... Hopefully, we press them high, I think it's the best way to counter their threats.

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Bit crap at systems but in my head it'd be something like this - starters & possible subs:

System: 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 

image.png.3dc25d545464b82c50a836c0af8ef45f.png

Marshall - picks himself right now on the proviso he and Clark cut out the silly stuff and just pump it long or wide if under pressure. 

Buchanan - starts which is rough on Fozzy but the latter can't start every game, so Fozzy on late as legs tire. Must concentrate though. No switching off!

Clarke & Davies - our most robust CB pairing presently - Clarky boy, no dozing off please, you're our current POTY after all. Will have their work cut out against a fearsome Bees strike force. Bielik to shield but be prepared to drive forward when the opportunity presents itself.

Wisdom - simply not a CB but can be really good in his favoured RB position - playing his way back to full fitness? Show us the attacking intent and crossing ability we saw prior to the Toxteth incident, please big lad! 

Bielik - I was mocked by a couple of posters on here for overstating his potential impact - you know who you are! I'll let him do the talking. Massive job to do - shield the back 4, break up play and drive us forward. Needs minding though so Bird to replace on 60 and no later. Simply can't risk him getting injured despite our league position.

Knight & Shinnie - MF dynamos will have to work really hard but always do - if we compete in MF we can get something from the game. If we don't, could be a long night ? Sibbo a potential replacement to give them something to think about in the last 20-30. Has looked a handful against tired legs on several occasions already this season.

Jozzy & Waggy - Jozwiak looked back in good form last time out and Waggy so much better on the right flank than at CF. Must work hard, not only to track back, but also to bomb on past CKR. Must also look to get on the end of the cute stuff he can do with back to goal. Jordon to get 30 mins as we bring him back to match fitness.

CKR - A legend in his own lunchtime. Needs minding though as he would run himself unconscious if untended. Maybe some minutes for Stretton who I'm convinced is a born striker and potential goal machine, if not for this season, then next.

Love this. I think this is how we will line up. Especially as Byrne is suspended. 
We might need to cheat a bit on the wings, leave one forward plus the striker when we’re defending and we’ll be able to counter. We won’t keep a clean sheet so let’s try and out score them. 

20 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I personally have not given up on Lawrence but I think it is not right to come back in the team yet.

I would make him captain of U23’s for a couple of games.

If we can get him back “on it” it has got to help our cause for mid table obscurity.

Personally i think playing him centrally just behind the striker might bring him back into form

12 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

People that actually watch the games see that he works tirelessly to support his full back and then get forward, it’s why he’s actually got to this level in his career because his first touch and technical ability is no where near the the level of an Ince Vydra etc but players like Lawrence will always be picked for covering their fullback. Rowett wouldn't have played him otherwise would he? 
Watch him next time he plays, you’ll notice it. It normally means he’s out of position though when we’re attacking meaning he doesn’t get as many goals as he should for a winger. 

Hi Tom,

Don't worry about fan perceptions. Please just make better decisions when you have the ball in or near the box.

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We’ve been Brentford’s whipping boys for too long.

Come on Wazza. Let’s put them in their place.

?

Since they've been in this division our record is W 4 D 4 L 4, before last season we last lost to them under Rowett in 16/17 season. 

Brentford in the past (not watched them this season, could be talking baalocks) have always been able to be got at, good footballing side but definitely have a soft underbelly. I think it's not an awful matchup for us, stylistically if we can continue to shift the ball quickly through the pitch. I have a good feeling we're going to get a positive result here. 

Archived