v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

no shinnie??

Not for this one, think we’ll have space to play a bit. Shame he’s played well lately but need creativity for this one. 

Marshall 

Byrne.  Davies Clarke Forsyth    
                    Belick   

Knight Shinnie 

waghorn.    Richards jozwiak 

half a game for Richards then either Waghorn or stretton to take over with Buchanan playing anywhere down the left at some point 

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Starters

Marshall
Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan
Bielik Bird
Waghorn   Knight   Jozwiak
Kazim

Finishers

Marshall
Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Ibe   Sibley   Lawrence
Stretton

Exactly how I'd go.

Toney & Forss are very different in style to Smith & Thompson, could see Davies struggling to deal with Toney's movement.

Shinnie was also great yesterday but we have to be able to hold possession against a team like Brentford or we're only going to end up with 25% of it. Bird has to start & alongside Bielik, gives us a real solid base.

Can understand viewpoint that Kazim looked tired yesterday but this is a fixture where we urgently need a CF that can hold the ball. Waggy just won't do that & it'll invite constant pressure. With Waggy, Knight & a rejuvenated Jozwiak buzzing around Kazim, it should give us enough threat to keep Brentford honest. If Kazim can give us an hour, I'll take that & then replace him with pace of Stretton or Hector-Ingram

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

This is why you’re not manager taking Beliek off before the end of the game is like taking a centre half off. He’s been outstanding for the past couple of games and he provides really good cover for the back 4. 

He's only just come back from 11 months out due to a serious injury. He needs to be managed carefully, not left in to play the full 90 twice a week for an extended period of time.

37 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marshall 

Byrne.  Davies Clarke Forsyth    
                    Belick   

Knight Shinnie 

waghorn.    Richards jozwiak 

half a game for Richards then either Waghorn or stretton to take over with Buchanan playing anywhere down the left at some point 

Yes you have the team selection spot on gor me, time for Waghorn to play again, and yes after a clean sheet yesterday, it's so important to keep the back 4 the same, for confidence reasons, as much as anything else. 

10 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Marshall      

Byrne    Davies.    Clarke  Fozzy

Bielik     Knight 

Waghorn          Sibley           Jozwiak 

CKR

We’ll win this, today was the turning point. Playoffs anyone? COYRs 

That is arguably our best team but I'm not sure we will be able to play this on Wednesday 

49 minutes ago, sage said:

That is arguably our best team but I'm not sure we will be able to play this on Wednesday 

Yes maybe we can’t / won’t, I just think we’ll have room to play a bit against Brentford and should go for it. 

13 minutes ago, dabber said:

Did Owen say Shinnie had picked up his 5th booking yesterday? Does that mean he is suspended?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes and yes. 5 yellows before the 20th match = 1 match ban. This means Byrne will also miss the next match as well

Actually, only Byrne is suspended.

A rule was introduced last season which meant the yellows had to be accumulated in the same competition.Shinnie picked up 1 of his yellows in the cup (4 in the league) so is still available for the next game.

Archived