v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

More importantly Shinnie's passing is pretty poor and he's been booked. Get Bird on.

I'm not a Shinnie fan at all so I'll agree all day long. 

His pass accuracy should always be 100% because he does nothing interesting.

Rather have Knight there and then Sibely or an attacker further up. Let Knight roam about from DM

Bielik doesn't need Shinnie here imo

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rad1919 said:

Fine lines. Let's be honest we've created nothing. If we're 2-0 down we're giving our performance absolute pelters. 

If we are 1-0 up we are all coming in our pants 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Impressed by how well we've gone toe-to-toe with this lot, despite starting to fade out of the game in the last ten minutes. Bielik is a joy to watch and Shinnie does that disruptor role so well at times.

Still bemused as to how Duane Holmes is getting this many minutes. Isn't doing anything right at the moment and, bar one goal, hasn't been half the player he was before his injury.

Need to get into the game more going forward as you can feel Brentford going up the gears slowly.

Decent test of Rooney's management, here. Let's see how he does.

Always been a big fan of Duane but he’s not best utilised at RM. Not quite got the pace to get in behind, hasn't got a quality ball to put in the box and can’t cut in to shoot on his left.

Would be better at CAM or LM. But would you start Lawrence or a barely fit Jordan Ibe over him?

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If I were a neutral I would have switched over 30mins ago. 

Derby mostly neat and tidy with zero cutting edge or presence in the box. Brentford missing all their passes but Derby look capable of gifting them a goal. 

Don't think today it looks like much has changed since Cocu, but it feels better because I am expecting less and Brentford are a good team. 

What is this cocu krap.  I remember the constant recycling back to the goalie.  We are at least 20 metres further up the pitch.  Give it up, cocu was useless this season.  You sound like someone who thought billy was great.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I'm not a Shinnie fan at all so I'll agree all day long. 

His pass accuracy should always be 100% because he does nothing interesting.

Rather have Knight there and then Sibely or an attacker further up. Let Knight roam about from DM

Bielik doesn't need Shinnie here imo

Also not a fan of Shinnie on the ball but he has played a couple or three  good forward passes today (and one crap one)

Bielik doesn't need Shinnie long-term, but it might be too much for him to do it all on his own this soon after recovering from an ACL.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Always been a big fan of Duane but he’s not best utilised at RM. Not quite got the pace to get in behind, hasn't got a quality ball to put in the box and can’t cut in to shoot on his left.

Would be better at CAM or LM. But would you start Lawrence or a barely fit Jordan Ibe over him?

I'd start Lawrence over him. I've said before that I think Lawrence is one of the few players in our side with that star quality. He can make things happen. Holmes mostly seems to make things happen for the other team most of the time.

I'd of started Waghorn there instead personally. Maybe give Ibe 10-15 at the end.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know what that is. But he looks totally at sea, scares the beejesus out of me everytime he gets the ball or they attack down that side. Makes Clarke look like he knows what he's doing! ?

A stats based rating system.

Bielik and Clarke are joint 2nd best on the field.

Mbuemo and Toney the worst two, so suggests our defence is working very well.

Archived