v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Impressed by how well we've gone toe-to-toe with this lot, despite starting to fade out of the game in the last ten minutes. Bielik is a joy to watch and Shinnie does that disruptor role so well at times.

Still bemused as to how Duane Holmes is getting this many minutes. Isn't doing anything right at the moment and, bar one goal, hasn't been half the player he was before his injury.

Need to get into the game more going forward as you can feel Brentford going up the gears slowly.

Decent test of Rooney's management, here. Let's see how he does.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's a winger though. We need end product. Nobody doubts his work rate but he never creates anything. 

I do. Running up and down never quite getting to the ball. Getting the ball and doing little with it. 

Ibe at half-time would be a bold move.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

HT 0-0. I didn't watch the first 35 minutes or so very intently, but the 10 minutes I saw was devoid of quality. 

I can see how that might skew your opinion. We ran out of steam and the whistle came at the right time but before that it was nice and brave. Creative, attacking, clever. Just no shot on the end of it.

Room for improvement but surely the best half of football we've played this season? I know that isn't saying much and it wasn't all THAT good but its improvement from what we've seen

Impressive first half from us, considering the quality of the opposition. Pleased to get into half time 0-0, we were really under the cosh for those last 10 mins. We’ve generally defended pretty well against some very dangerous forwards, and we’ve got into some good positions going forward too. As has been the case for most of the season though, we really need to improve the quality of our final ball / decision making in and around the box. Still worried about the pace of their attack up against our slow defence as well, and we need to be better distributing out the back - there’s been a few woeful passes in there.

1 minute ago, wollatonram said:

i find it so boring watching Derby, we were promised total football not totally dull football (joke of the century)

Where have you been all season and the end of the last.  We are fighting for survival.  Against a side that on paper is much more capable than us we look alright.  Perhaps you should come back once we have a structure in the squad and a new owner and them you may see something to excite you.  In the meantime probably better stay away.  Support through thick and thin

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

HT 0-0. I didn't watch the first 35 minutes or so very intently, but the 10 minutes I saw was devoid of quality. 

It's been like the majority of championship games that are and have been played every week up and down the country.

Not sure what fans are expecting us to turn into, we have the same players that we have had since the start of the season, the majority since last season.

As for the game, lacking the final ball, Knight had two good opportunities and had his name been Holmes or Lawrence would have been crucified, to be fair to him he hasn't seen much of the ball though and at least got into the positions. We look like a team trying to consolidate, safety first which is understandable with the league position and the uncertainty off the field, confidence is needed in my opinion.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Wisdom is the Whoscored man of the first half, out of both sides ? 

I don't know what that is. But he looks totally at sea, scares the beejesus out of me everytime he gets the ball or they attack down that side. Makes Clarke look like he knows what he's doing! ?

Archived