v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

So much room for improvement and yet this is absolutely streets ahead of where we were. We look like a team who can actually compete now. A team who can pass the ball, create play, deal with the press, defend against teams. Before it was just like we had absolutely no idea what to do. Now we're playing with less fear we realise the game is not out to get us and yes, we can win games and score goals.

This is what it should have always been like. A competitive football team. 

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Anag Ram said:

By a little more quality do you mean two consecutive passes because that's looking unlikely. 

Ye have little faith !... we are on paper, supposed to be getting a lesson in football, we're not, but we also remind people that we are where we are for a reason. We're doing alreet, Keep the faith 

Really don’t understand Holmes. Always seems off balance, every time he’s played a ball he struggles to control it. Not really a shooter, and not really fast. I assume he’s on out wide to offer more defensive cover.

Can’t wait for him to score the winner.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You can get a sense of a player pretty quick. He's not a young players, he should be in his prime and shows no ability to adapt to Championship football. It's clear our manager(s) don't fancy him from what they've seen in training. It's not irrational, I just can't see a strength in his play. It suits both him and us for him to get a transfer.

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no.

Did Vydra look like a potential Championship golden boot winner six games into his Derby career?

Did Tomori look like a potential Player of the Year winner after six games?

There are so many examples of players needing time to settle in or needing some faith and backing.

Yes, that might be clear, but two wins in 17 competitive games is hardly indicative of a set of coaches/managers whose judgement should be beyond question.

You might be right that a departure is likely but if he doesn’t get another chance, we’ll never know if it is for the best or not.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

How good is bielik. The way he brought the ball down on the chest knee and pass god the ball back then floated a ball to Knight he really is a player to drool over 

I wouldn't ty drooling over a Polish bloke mate. Only going to end in tears ?

If Bielik can stay fit and be a bit more consistent than last season, he is going to be a key player for us this year.

Really hope I can say the same for Ibe in a month's time because Jozwiak and Holmes have been our two poorest players so far this game. Who was our last above-average winger? Ward 2013?

Archived