Any auto electricians here?

Mostyn6

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Local to Derby. 

Also, i have a roof rack on my car, need to get it off my car, have no key. Help. 

The locks on the roof rack should drill through quite easily ! Allowing access to the Allen key bolts ! 

I imagine that's not what you need an auto electrician for ?? I'll see if I can help 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Local to Derby. 

Also, i have a roof rack on my car, need to get it off my car, have no key. Help. 

Check the lock very carefully might have some numbers on the them , these are the number that define the key to be cut (contact the manufacturer)

I always use Frank Browns on Duffield Road very reliable Garage

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Basically, bought a new (to me) car. It’s got a roof rack i want removing. 

i also want to fit an aftermarket stereo, but seems i need a 12v ignition feed fitting. 

Unless you've brought something akin to a model T Ford, it should alreasy have a 12v ignition feed to the radio (or is it a wireless)?

On 03/12/2020 at 23:19, JG400 said:

Check the lock very carefully might have some numbers on the them , these are the number that define the key to be cut (contact the manufacturer)

And if it's a Thule, post the number(s) on here.  One of us may already have a key with that code.  (I have 4 x different lock codes myself)

Archived