What is Tom Lawrence's Best Position?

Chris_Martin

What is Tom Lawrence's best position?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m still undecided between LW and CAM. On the one hand, he’s pretty predictable cutting inside from wide areas, which leads to a lot of moves breaking down. But he does always make himself available for a pass, and we might miss that option if we played certain other players instead. But on the other hand, we might get more goal threat from him played through the middle, and we all know how much we need that right now. The question is, does he have the skill to get through the tight spaces he’ll be faced with in the middle of the park? I’m not so sure...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah... shocking last season wasn't he?

No he wasnt shocking, thought he added more to his game last season.

This season he has reverted to his old self. Head down running into blind alleys.

Work rate has dropped as well in my opinion.

He is clearly a confidence player so its no surprise.

The fact youve had to mention last season when we are 15 games into the current season should give you an indication of how he is playing right now.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m still undecided between LW and CAM. On the one hand, he’s pretty predictable cutting inside from wide areas, which leads to a lot of moves breaking down. But he does always make himself available for a pass, and we might miss that option if we played certain other players instead. But on the other hand, we might get more goal threat from him played through the middle, and we all know how much we need that right now. The question is, does he have the skill to get through the tight spaces he’ll be faced with in the middle of the park? I’m not so sure...

He has shown in the past that dribbling and quick feet is one of his strengths

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No he wasnt shocking, thought he added more to his game last season.

This season he has reverted to his old self. Head down running into blind alleys.

Work rate has dropped as well in my opinion.

He is clearly a confidence player so its no surprise.

The fact youve had to mention last season when we are 15 games into the current season should give you an indication of how he is playing right now.

Knight, Holmes, Sibley and Buchanan and Forsyth all have worse drivble success rates. I don't see any of them getting the abuse Lawrence is ?

The difference being the regularity of attempting to take his man on, something we should be praising - more successful dribbles than anyone else in our squad.

Attacking midfeld, more central. Although his "hit rate" of good performances at 10 seems similar to his overall good game frequency, in terms of I don't particually think changing where he plays in the team is going to unlock the real Tom Lawrence.

We've just not had better letf winger/left forwards to play on the most part.

I hope Ibe breaks into the team soon personally.

Or bench - give him 15 minutes against tired defenders.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight, Holmes, Sibley and Buchanan and Forsyth all have worse drivble success rates. I don't see any of them getting the abuse Lawrence is ?

The difference being the regularity of attempting to take his man on, something we should be praising - more successful dribbles than anyone else in our squad.

Successful dribbles meaning what?

Another nothingness stat without context.

Success for forward players are goals and assists.

I wouldn't want to be comparing 2 full backs and Knight with a forward player.

Holmes has been poor this season, Sibley also but think that is he trying too hard and trying to do too much when he finally gets a limited opportunity.

Sorry, but I have now had enough of Tom, and Holmes too. Both from a consistency point of view are a waste of a shirt 8 games out of 10 and that is being generous.

I do hope that Ibe gets his head (and guts) sorted soon, as I would like to see him and Waghorn supporting Kazim. Yes moves will breakdown just as much with those two, but both will be much more of a goal threat on the left and right.

As a left winger I reckon even at 59 I could stop Lawrence being a threat.  He doesn’t have a left foot. Just keep showing him down the line. Try and get some decent money for him in January I say.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry, but I have now had enough of Tom, and Holmes too. Both from a consistency point of view are a waste of a shirt 8 games out of 10 and that is being generous.

I do hope that Ibe gets his head (and guts) sorted soon, as I would like to see him and Waghorn supporting Kazim. Yes moves will breakdown just as much with those two, but both will be much more of a goal threat on the left and right.

As a left winger I reckon even at 59 I could stop Lawrence being a threat.  He doesn’t have a left foot. Just keep showing him down the line. Try and get some decent money for him in January I say.

We're not gonna be short of money though after the takeover

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Successful dribbles meaning what?

Another nothingness stat without context.

Success for forward players are goals and assists.

I wouldn't want to be comparing 2 full backs and Knight with a forward player.

Holmes has been poor this season, Sibley also but think that is he trying too hard and trying to do too much when he finally gets a limited opportunity.

SmartSelect_20201202-193553_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f6e8c73c1c6f0b569fb441d5e4af125f.jpg

Archived