Based on our current squad, what would be a genuinely realistic table position?

IslandExile

Based on our current squad, what would be a genuinely realistic table position? (assume an average quality championship manager)  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@66DegreesNorth  ur basically implying this isn’t the rock bottom side it is and should be higher because of “the ability’” it’s secretly stashing away 

It’s a ridiculous question quite honestly 

we are where we are for a reason 

the perceived ability of this squad isn’t as high as some / many perceive 

were no better than the position we are currently, without additions I don’t see that changing as the squad isnt that good at all

u have a defence that either gift wrap chances and goals or just crumble at the first sight of pressure 

a forward line that well is toothless quite frankly (don’t take my word look at the goals for column) 

and a midfield that’s relying on Dwayne 1 in 30 to give us some drive and goal threat 

it’s as poor a Derby side as I’ve seen in 35 years of following this club 

Cocu left after 11 games so that was 35 left to play. If the squad is good enough, then that’s loads of time to turn it round. We’ve had 4 more games since then and it doesn’t look too promising. Still 93 points to play for though.

I thought about 10th again at the start of the season. Now, more likely 20th or relegation if we don’t get the striker we’ve needed since Game 1.

Honestly....

First of all. it's not a question, it's statement or an opinion.

Not at anytime does my opinion imply that we are 'to good to go down', if you are unable to decipher what the statement implies and understand what it actually refers too, then let me help you.

My opinion is, that Derby can acheive championship saftey this season with the help of seasoned manager who can work with the talents of the current squad of players. Alot of the players are playing within themselves and lacking confidence. I am also of the opinion that they can play better and acheive the required points for safety.

Now, if you still believe that this statement is the same as saying 'We are too good to go down', then I would suggest you stick to Mr. Men books until you have grasped a better understanding of words and their meaning when they are formed into sentences. When you are able to this, you can practice using a full stop and realise the use of paragraphs. A bit of spelling practice wouldn't go amiss either.

Now I apologise if my opinion is a little too positive for and that you don't agree with me, but I truly hope you continue to enjoy and embrace the forum in sharing your voice.

Right now I'd settle for 21st on goal difference on the last day of the season, playing for a 0-0 draw using a 5-5-0 formation together with barbed wire & machine gun nests around the penalty box.  Oh and the usual time wasting - heading for the opposition corner flag in the first 10 minutes, players 'cramping up' after 20 mins, pointless substitutions just as the opposition get a bit of steam up, defenders trying to find Row Z with every touch etc etc.  Or alternatively just appoint Allardyce or Pulis LOL, amounts to the same thing really.

1 hour ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

Honestly....

First of all. it's not a question, it's statement or an opinion.

Not at anytime does my opinion imply that we are 'to good to go down', if you are unable to decipher what the statement implies and understand what it actually refers too, then let me help you.

My opinion is, that Derby can acheive championship saftey this season with the help of seasoned manager who can work with the talents of the current squad of players. Alot of the players are playing within themselves and lacking confidence. I am also of the opinion that they can play better and acheive the required points for safety.

Now, if you still believe that this statement is the same as saying 'We are too good to go down', then I would suggest you stick to Mr. Men books until you have grasped a better understanding of words and their meaning when they are formed into sentences. When you are able to this, you can practice using a full stop and realise the use of paragraphs. A bit of spelling practice wouldn't go amiss either.

Now I apologise if my opinion is a little too positive for and that you don't agree with me, but I truly hope you continue to enjoy and embrace the forum in sharing your voice.

No I get it mate thanks 

to explain to u 

A new manager .... yes will hopefully get more as u say 

but a new manager I think we will all agree will and should want to bring in new faces 

so therefore .. now let’s think about this ... new faces ... change of old 

old being current ..means  current arnt good enough 

So where do I think this current lot should be ... exactly where they are .. so there’s no sugar coating it IMO current squad are where they’re level of ability is 

53 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

No I get it mate thanks 

to explain to u 

A new manager .... yes will hopefully get more as u say 

but a new manager I think we will all agree will and should want to bring in new faces 

so therefore .. now let’s think about this ... new faces ... change of old 

old being current ..means  current arnt good enough 

So where do I think this current lot should be ... exactly where they are .. so there’s no sugar coating it IMO current squad are where they’re level of ability is 

You are probably right Nottsram, we do have changes forthcoming so lets hope the club turn things around by first installing a manager that can get more out the current bunch players and bring a couple more new faces in the transfer window. 

No question it's a tough ask, but as supporters, we do need to exactly that, support. Keep the Faith COYR

So we sit on 8 points with 15 played - quite possible we could lose the next 2 in a row which would leave our average PPG below 0.5 - maintain that to the end of the season and we'll finish with less than 23 points - up to now (as far as I'm aware), the fewest points in a Championship season.

Regardless of where we should be, we're in a position that could feasibly see us at the end of the season with the lowest points total ever in both the Premier League and the Championship.

I still think we have the players to get out of this mess but with every passing game the mountain gets a bit taller...

We have a mid table squad with some promising talent, experienced heads and average Championship level players throughout. The problem with it is... We lack a goalscorer / striker who can pivot our attack and some galvanizing leadership. The issue with mid table squads and promising young players, particularly in the Championship, is that it only takes a run of bad form for confidence to go and before you know it, it's a relegation battle. Conversely we've seen similar squads get on a run and challenge the playoffs. I don't think the squad is as bad as it's made out to be and I would expect us to build a bit of form and avoid relegation.

It’s mid table and will be until we get more up front. We’ve been shocking this season but the individuals are better than what we’ve seen. Despite how bad we’ve been, we have rarely been stuffed. This league is tight. Doesn’t take much to jump up a fair amount. 

We are easily a top half team, no more no less.

We need a change of tactics which seems to have happened, and someone

who can motivate the players, and bring on a new dawn, add a prolific championship

striker and we wont be far off - I point to Lampard, to show what can be achieved, and

before everyone says we don't have Mount - nor does anyone else!

Archived