Based on our current squad, what would be a genuinely realistic table position?

IslandExile

Based on our current squad, what would be a genuinely realistic table position? (assume an average quality championship manager)  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But the reality is that we're bottom of the table. Don't understand the question?

Or is this a way of covertly insinuating that Cocu wasn't as bad as he was cracked up to be as the material he had to work with was appalling. 

No, that wasn't the purpose at all. Sheesh.

We're bottom of the table. Personally, I don't think we should be there with our squad but, in truth, I don't think we're good enough to be challenging for the playoffs either. I'd say we're good enough to be midtable so, if anything, that reflects badly on Cocu.

I just wondered how other people rated the quality of the squad. That's all. Nothing covert. Nothing untoward. Just straightforward.

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well the league table is saying exactly where we should be 

Yes. Clearly. That's where we are and where we deserve to be.

However, I'm really trying to see how people rate the quality of the squad so one measure of that is where they think we should be.

Head says relegation fodder heart says mid table

We have some good young prospects & they have been a bright light but it does feel like too many too soon. They're good prospects but theyre not all good championship players. 

Buchanan & knight have been decent. Bird & sibley have been a bit hot & cold. But also the experience around them isn't that great. How are they meant to shine when then rest of the side is rubbish 

Holmes was a league one player & this season has shown league one quality. Waghorn runs a lot but never been prolific. Colin holds it up well & puts himself about but isn't prolific. Davies will head a boot but is passed it. Wisdom lacks concentration. Lawrence is poor decision making & runs into trouble 

We lack quality experienced players. We overate our players. None of the experienced pro's in our team get in the current top ten championship sides. 

This side is terrible. Whilst i thought Bradley Johnson & huddlestone were poor they walk into this team on current form. At least Bradley will break up play. 

We lack quality & are a very poor team. 

Luton are a great example of why I don’t think we are as bad as people suggest.

If they see out the game tonight, they will be 11th or 12th at the close of play.

Are you telling me they have a top half squad?

Prior to tonight, Luton have beaten Barnsley, Rotherham, Wycombe, us and Sheff Wed. 

The Championship is a simple league but we have just been making very hard work of it.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Erm ... realistic ??!

we’re realistically rooted to the foot of the table 

the squad Is there because it’s not good enough and not been managed well enough end of story 

Well yes, that is the harsh reality. 

There is enough talent in this squad to get us safe, players are really lacking on confidence and self belief.

There are a few managers out there that could come in and really invigorate this lot, get them loving football again and more importantly get them playing the way that we know we can. We can debate till the cows come home who that maybe, but we won't have a say in the matter anyhow.

There's nothing more frustrating than knowing its out of your control and that you cannot influence things, especially not being at PP to vent your views. We shouldn't be giving up on the playing staff just yet because we have the talent, we need the leader that will come in, put an arm around certain individuals, calm others and install belief that we are so desperately lacking.

Fingers crossed the board have a clue on which 'leader' they are going to appoint.

COYR!!

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Yes. Clearly. That's where we are and where we deserve to be.

However, I'm really trying to see how people rate the quality of the squad so one measure of that is where they think we should be.

Mid table if we played well but without a real centre forward for half a season makes it much worse

23 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

it's asking where should the squad be not including what the managers have done.

No one should be or has right to be anywhere ... we’re Bottom cos we deserve to be 

The league table doesn’t lie 

we’ve had enough games to show if we’re better than the position we are suggests

we can’t defend ,we can’t score enough goals

there’s no sugar coating it were a poor side 

21 hours ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

There is enough talent in this squad to get us safe, players are really lacking on confidence and self belief.

There are a few managers out there that could come in and really invigorate this lot, get them loving football again and more importantly get them playing the way that we know we can. We can debate till the cows come home who that maybe, but we won't have a say in the matter anyhow.

There's nothing more frustrating than knowing its out of your control and that you cannot influence things, especially not being at PP to vent your views. We shouldn't be giving up on the playing staff just yet because we have the talent, we need the leader that will come in, put an arm around certain individuals, calm others and install belief that we are so desperately lacking.

Fingers crossed the board have a clue on which 'leader' they are going to appoint.

COYR!!

The start of ur post infers that were too good to go down 

we are most certainly not too good to go down ... far from it 

1 win in .........

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

1 win in .........

No it doesn't. those are your words, I have the opinion that there is enough talent in the current squad to get us safe. Question is, who is going to get it out on the pitch and turn into points.

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

1 win in .........

Surely “enough talent” would have mustered more than one solitary and rather fortunate win ? 

Archived