Based on our current squad, what would be a genuinely realistic table position?

IslandExile

Based on our current squad, what would be a genuinely realistic table position? (assume an average quality championship manager)  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I should have added this as a second question in the poll about "primary reason for where we are" but I have only just thought about it so...it's here.

I appreciate it's difficult to give a definitive answer because, as we all know, it depends so much on the management team.

However, seeing as we are all waiting for the takeover to be announced - one way or another - let's occupy ourselves by completing these meaningless surveys.

So, let's not specify a manager - let's assume an "average quality" manager for the championship....With this squad of players, where would you say is our genuine level?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say as we've really not seen this side play anywhere near their best (tactics, team selection and individual mistakes dragged us down as a whole). Really held back by the lack of 2 reliable spine players:   Marshall, Clarke + ??? at CB, Bielik and no dependable striker as of yet.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Erm ... realistic ??!

we’re realistically rooted to the foot of the table 

the squad Is there because it’s not good enough and not been managed well enough end of story 

We are the poorest team in the league and may end up there 

54 minutes ago, BrudeRAM said:

Hard to say as we've really not seen this side play anywhere near their best (tactics, team selection and individual mistakes dragged us down as a whole). Really held back by the lack of 2 reliable spine players:   Marshall, Clarke + ??? at CB, Bielik and no dependable striker as of yet.

We have no team just a collection of about 20 players apparently underperforming.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Erm ... realistic ??!

we’re realistically rooted to the foot of the table 

the squad Is there because it’s not good enough and not been managed well enough end of story 

it's asking where should the squad be not including what the managers have done.

Last season we finished 10th and we're a bit weaker (particually striker) but we've not been decimated or lost all the talent out the side.

I still feel properly managed the squad has the ability to be "meh", lower midtable championship side.

Given our circumstances, being a lower midtable side for the rest of the season is probably going to see us go down.

I voted on the basis that if we take the variable of management out of it and base it on the quality of the squad, we are a bottom half team 

Since the sacking of Cocu, I think we are realising that now we need investment and time to let the newcomers settle 

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

On paper I see us lower midtable, we haven't got a good squad but we're not relegation fodder... surely?

When you have major changes, i.e. a hight turnover of players

It often results in a managerial change and a lag in which players do start to build chemistry and start performing

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I should have added this as a second question in the poll about "primary reason for where we are" but I have only just thought about it so...it's here.

I appreciate it's difficult to give a definitive answer because, as we all know, it depends so much on the management team.

However, seeing as we are all waiting for the takeover to be announced - one way or another - let's occupy ourselves by completing these meaningless surveys.

So, let's not specify a manager - let's assume an "average quality" manager for the championship....With this squad of players, where would you say is our genuine level?

Mismanagement

Archived