Derby U18s vs Cardiff City: Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly a young side (Randle, Ibrahim and Gordon the only starters who aren't second year scholars), but inexperienced.

Aghatise, Bardell and Solomon played in about half of the total minutes last season. De Gracia only came on as a late sub in one game and Jinkinson got 20-odd minutes in another.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

And then didn't even play it all

Weird cos I know who the ref is, he taught my referees cause back in 2015, names Reece Davies, he came across as a really good referee and I've seen him officiate before and he's been good

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not exactly a young side (Randle, Ibrahim and Gordon the only starters who aren't second year scholars), but inexperienced.

Aghatise, Bardell and Solomon played in about half of the total minutes last season. De Gracia only came on as a late sub in one game and Jinkinson got 20-odd minutes in another.

They are the three that I have actually seen play live. I know some of the others are recent acquisitions from other academies so not sure how experienced they are, tbh.

Where do you find this sort of info out, GOC?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Thanks, that's very helpful.

I see @Stuniverse mentioned Alex Matthews (paperboy) is also out injured - he played quite a bit last season, too, but often as sub. 

It's not quite the same just watching the lads on tv as you don't get the same impression of their overall play. Hopefully we will be back in to matches before too long.

Great game to watch end to end football,like most have said thought we played well in patches and when playing well we controlled the game nicely. Some pleasing displays from the young lads, just some lapses in concentration, tired legs and good aponent goalkeeping cost us.We could have seen them off in the first 20 minutes of the second half when they look tired and on the ropes, never mind we've got the first team to cheer us up this afternoon. 

Archived