Jump to content

Is Rooney The man To Take Us Forward?


Is Rooney the right man for the manager's position?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Sorry Mostyn but that is harsh and wrong. Phil Brown was truly awful here. Not sure how you can compare Cocu to a manager that played Poole, Houldsworth, Thirwell, Fadiga, Stern John etc. That was a terrible time for the club in and off the pitch. 

Let me guess, you’d say Cocu was dealt a bad hand? Right? 
 

well, Brown wasn’t even dealt a hand. He did better with those players you just listed, than Cocu did with much better players! 
 

please tell me what criteria your using! Cos from where I’m looking, you’re saying Brown did better with worse players, had no budget (until he bought his ONE cash transfer Moore), and was better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Let me guess, you’d say Cocu was dealt a bad hand? Right? 
 

well, Brown wasn’t even dealt a hand. He did better with those players you just listed, than Cocu did with much better players! 
 

please tell me what criteria your using! Cos from where I’m looking, you’re saying Brown did better with worse players, had no budget (until he bought his ONE cash transfer Moore), and was better. 

Cocu's actual record ie win % was better than the Tango.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Slightly off topic (marginally)... If Wayne Rooney wants Derby County to take a punt on him as a fledgling manager......

Why has his son Kai signed for MUFC instead of joining our set up? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
 

C9FA247D-FBBA-4B5E-BD47-481CBEA48816.jpeg

Its also assuming our academy want him? His junior team probably play in the Manchester junior football league or similar?

There wouldnt be much reason for our youth academy scouts to be up that way due to the catchment area 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Let me guess, you’d say Cocu was dealt a bad hand? Right? 
 

well, Brown wasn’t even dealt a hand. He did better with those players you just listed, than Cocu did with much better players! 
 

please tell me what criteria your using! Cos from where I’m looking, you’re saying Brown did better with worse players, had no budget (until he bought his ONE cash transfer Moore), and was better. 

Brown had a decent group to work with. We finished 4th the season before with the most used 11 of:

Camp
Kenna   Huddlestone   Mills   Johnson
Bisgaard   Idiakez   Taylor   Reich
Smith   Rasiak

Brown lost Huddlestone, Taylor, Reich and Rasiak but the rest remained. He could have done better with the squad available. Instead he mismanaged them, alienated and drained the confidence from the younger players to such a point that he needed to field the players Rynny listed. The fact he brought those players in in the first place shows he couldn't even judge a player's ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Slightly off topic (marginally)... If Wayne Rooney wants Derby County to take a punt on him as a fledgling manager......

Why has his son Kai signed for MUFC instead of joining our set up? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
 

C9FA247D-FBBA-4B5E-BD47-481CBEA48816.jpeg

Because it's a free country that's why!

Also probably a) didn't want the distraction

b) avoid accisation of nepotism

c) Man U or Derby... what a choice!

Edited by Brummie Steve
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Because it's a free country that's why!

Also probably a) didn't want the distraction

b) avoid accisation of nepotism

c) Man U or Derby... what a choice!

Doesn't every lad dream of playing for us?

Joking apart, there was a time when most kids would have preferred to join us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Brown had a decent group to work with. We finished 4th the season before with the most used 11 of:

Camp
Kenna   Huddlestone   Mills   Johnson
Bisgaard   Idiakez   Taylor   Reich
Smith   Rasiak

Brown lost Huddlestone, Taylor, Reich and Rasiak but the rest remained. He could have done better with the squad available. Instead he mismanaged them, alienated and drained the confidence from the younger players to such a point that he needed to field the players Rynny listed. The fact he brought those players in in the first place shows he couldn't even judge a player's ability.

Talk about rewriting history to fit! 😂

Cocu inherited a side that narrowly lost at Wembley. He lost three youngsters who went back to their parent clubs! Nobody was sold against Cocu’s wishes after the window to replace them was closed. Cocu didn’t work for Jeremy Keith and co so was able to pay decent money for players instead of bringing in rejects nobody else wanted! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Talk about rewriting history to fit! 😂

Cocu inherited a side that narrowly lost at Wembley. He lost three youngsters who went back to their parent clubs! Nobody was sold against Cocu’s wishes after the window to replace them was closed. Cocu didn’t work for Jeremy Keith and co so was able to pay decent money for players instead of bringing in rejects nobody else wanted! 

Lampard's most used XI:

Carson
Bogle   Keogh   Tomori   Malone
Bryson   Johnson   Mount
Wilson   Waghorn   Lawrence

Tomori, Mount and Wilson loans ended. Johnson and Bryson out of contract. Keogh captained the team into a car crash and ended his Derby career. How much say over Carson going out?
Cocu's 1 cash signing in 19/20 was funded by the money generated from Lampard, Thomas and Delap. 20/21 cash signings (Jozwiak and Byrne) funded by the sales of our academy graduates (Bogle, Lowe and Bennett. Not forgetting the instructions from above to slash the wage bill by a third.

Pre-season, car crash, transfer embargoes, the injury to Bielik, and so much more... Even then, he guided us to a 10th place finish last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lampard's most used XI:

Carson
Bogle   Keogh   Tomori   Malone
Bryson   Johnson   Mount
Wilson   Waghorn   Lawrence

Tomori, Mount and Wilson loans ended. Johnson and Bryson out of contract. Keogh captained the team into a car crash and ended his Derby career. How much say over Carson going out?
Cocu's 1 cash signing in 19/20 was funded by the money generated from Lampard, Thomas and Delap. 20/21 cash signings (Jozwiak and Byrne) funded by the sales of our academy graduates (Bogle, Lowe and Bennett. Not forgetting the instructions from above to slash the wage bill by a third.

Pre-season, car crash, transfer embargoes, the injury to Bielik, and so much more... Even then, he guided us to a 10th place finish last season.

Finishing 10th was a good job done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Let me guess, you’d say Cocu was dealt a bad hand? Right? 
 

well, Brown wasn’t even dealt a hand. He did better with those players you just listed, than Cocu did with much better players! 
 

please tell me what criteria your using! Cos from where I’m looking, you’re saying Brown did better with worse players, had no budget (until he bought his ONE cash transfer Moore), and was better. 

Does last season count for nothing then? 

I'm not going to pretend that the start to this season was anything but terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The fact he brought those players in in the first place shows he couldn't even judge a player's ability.

2 were part of his coaching staff!!!

Poole was goal keeper coach and Holdsworth was assistant manager. Imagine if Cocu had played Given and Van Der Weerden? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More than happy for Rooney to have the reigns until the end of the season and we'll see what happens from there.

It's quite sad / pathetic that some people seem completely unable to praise Rooney without trying to poo on Cocu at the same time though, and the level of hyperbole, double standards & hypocrisy is outstanding, albeit not surprising.

Edited by Coconut
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rynny said:

2 were part of his coaching staff!!!

Poole was goal keeper coach and Holdsworth was assistant manager. Imagine if Cocu had played Given and Van Der Weerden? 

6 Cocu signings played against Swansea. Two were brought through from Academy by Cocu. Two were Frank signings. One was a Rowett signing. Ibe was a Cocu signing and may yet be very successful. Rooney has found a blend and tactics that work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.