Is Rooney The man To Take Us Forward?

Comrade 86

Is Rooney the right man for the manager's position?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really was not keen but liking what have seen so far. As many have mentioned does suggest they have a plan to match the opponents' strengths - imagine that!  Players seem happy and together which speaks volumes. Lets see where we are at christmas but I expect it to be looking much better. 

10 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im impressed with his post match interviews. A few times now he said we knew about (insert something about the opposition) 

Me too. I actually noted it on the odd occasion he has been a pundit, he may not be the most articulate in his words but he really understands the game, that comes across abundantly. I wanted Mac back in but I am really delighted for Rooney at present, at the end of the day we all want Derby out the bottom 3 and I'll eat any amount of humble pie for any bloke who keeps us up this year. Was looking absolutely hopeless a few games ago, to do what he has done when confidence must've been well and truly shot is very impressive to date. Massive 6 pointer coming up at Rotherham, must not lose first of all, 3 points would be huge for us though.

Wonderful result tonight and to be honest I think Rooney deserves the rest of the season now.  Those still urging caution definitely have got a point of course, we've all seen new manager bounces fizzle away to nothing before and it has just been 2 wins under Rooney after all.  But even those of us who were completely against his appointment to begin with can't fail to be impressed with how he has done so far, so It would seem perfectly reasonable to me to give him the job for the rest of the season now and see where we are then.  With the players we have, plus bringing in some sort a striker in January...we may be able to aspire to mediocrity yet.

One caveat, if Rooney ever tries to play himself, that's an instant sacking.  We've looked so much better since he dropped himself and it doesn't look like a coincidence.

I have to be honest, I was very sceptical that Wayne could be the one to take our great club forward, but on current evidence I am more than happy to eat my words.  Performances have got better match after match and tonight's performance was simply outstanding.  Take a bow Wayne Rooney. 

I said a couple of games ago he was starting to win me over and now I’m in!! That was the most complete performance for a long time.  Good attacking and press in the first half and disciplined and organised when we needed to be in the second.  He’s has us well organised at the back and now confidence is building and they can focus on being more attacking and, maybe, taking more risks.

I don't want to urinate on anyone's chips because it was a great win tonight but I can't shake the feeling that the best thing he has done for for club, more than anything he's done tactically for us, is stop playing.

Amazing what you can do with 11 men rather than 10

Archived