Is Rooney The man To Take Us Forward?

Comrade 86

Is Rooney the right man for the manager's position?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was firmly in the 'anyone but Rooney' camp when Cocu left but the turn around he's managed over the past few games has been very impressive. If we keep it up tonight then I think even the most ardent anti-Rooney supporter would find it difficult to justify not giving him the job.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's winning me over, bit by bit. Maybe it's the outstanding half of football I've just watched, but if he can get this result and then carry this on for the next couple of games, no one else deserves to take the role from him. Fair play Wayne. Go on lad.

Come on Mel, if not on the performances, just do us a favour and sign Wazza up ?

On 01/12/2020 at 23:28, Millenniumram said:

If we appoint Rooney I think I’ll genuinely be done. Might go support Mickleover Sports instead. Higher quality football

Im impressed with his post match interviews. A few times now he said we knew about (insert something about the opposition) 

Like tonights 'we knew Swansea use their wingbacks a lot so we try to nullify them' 

Its like we've gone into each game with a plan. The players look fitter, running more, first to 50/50 balls, more direct. Just generally better football

2 minutes ago, David said:

That’s the most impressive stat, for all those that said we were shot shy, look what we’ve done to the opposition.

We were tremendous attacking first half, totally smothered them every opportunity and could easily been 4 up, how attacking do we need to be now.

Was undecided when this poll came out, now I’d 100% say give him the job; he deserves it now.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Even Phil Brown got us playing for six games.

Rotherham is the game where Rooney can put down a marker.

There will still be question marks if we can’t beat the teams around us.

We have just played 4th place in the league off the park to go 6 unbeaten, not sure why you want to push it on to the Rotherham game. Had Rotherham been tonight, we would be seeing comments such as "it's only Rotherham". 

2 minutes ago, David said:

We have just played 4th place in the league off the park to go 6 unbeaten, not sure why you want to push it on to the Rotherham game. Had Rotherham been tonight, we would be seeing comments such as "it's only Rotherham". 

Tonight was a massive win and we’ve done well to take 8 points from 12 v Swansea, Brentford, Stoke and Millwall. Rooney deserves all the credit for that.

But it’s those pressure cooker games against teams around us that will really help our cause.

Imagine where we would be if we hadn’t dropped points at home to Wycombe and Coventry?

Tonight’s win counts for very little if we don’t get a result on Saturday.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Tonight was a massive win and we’ve done well to take 8 points from 12 v Swansea, Brentford, Stoke and Millwall. Rooney deserves all the credit for that.

But it’s those pressure cooker games against teams around us that will really help our cause.

Imagine where we would be if we hadn’t dropped points at home to Wycombe and Coventry?

Tonight’s win counts for very little if we don’t get a result on Saturday.

I see where you're coming from and I agree, we need to pick points up from teams around us to help our position, I just don't see it as the make or break game you do.

Championship is a nuts league, really would not surprise me to see us lose to Rotherham then win the next.  

Archived