v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Holmes has to have one of the most disappointing end products of any Derby player I’ve seen. 

I hate to say this but he's an awful footballer - has nothing to offer any part of the pitch. He's lightweight, touch of an ox and is static every time the ball is near him. 

I think he's hoping we get relegated so he can go back home to league 1

I don't think Duane Holmes offers enough going forward to be our winger. He's too negative (probably not helped due to being devoid of confidence). I would like to see Sibley on for Knight or maybe Shinnie (he's played well, but he's on a booking so might be worth a change) and then Ibe for Holmes. 

All in all a decent half, we got into good positions at times. 

Not a terrible first half but lacking a little creativity. Could bring Sibley on for Knight although he's battled well. Bielik looking class and Jozwiak encouraging too.

Holmes poor and I feel CKR has dropped too deep at times. We have options on the bench so will be interesting to see how we shake it up second half. Don't want to see us playing for a draw.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I hate to say this but he's an awful footballer - has nothing to offer any part of the pitch. He's lightweight, touch of an ox and is static every time the ball is near him. 

I think he's hoping we get relegated so he can go back home to league 1

I have been saying this for quite a while so at least others can spot it

7 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Shinnie playing very well today. He is everywhere 

He is, but he’ll be walking a tightrope in the second half. It’s a bit tasty in midfield and he doesn’t back down. Already on a yellow.

Again, players like Knight, Holmes and Jozwiak showing that they are not natural finishers.

Lots of hard work, little in the way of skill and ingenuity.

We’re doing ok but we look absolutely terrified in the final third, every player just seems to completely lose their head and nobody’s just getting hold if it and smashing it.

Knight was the prime example, just has to be one more touch or wait that extra second, just hit it!!

you can see why we don’t score much!

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not a fan of knight out wide but I can see the logic behind those changes

Nor am I. Knight has to pay the price for others weaknesses all the time. Rooney may be tempted to take Shinnie off as he probably a foul away from being sent off, so may put Knight alongside Bielik and maybe Waghorn on the wing. 

Well, that was predictably crap. The quality in the final third is almost impressively bad. Holmes and Knight make me look decent at football, they’re that bad. Decision making is appalling. It’s a wonder we’ve scored any goals this season frankly. Honestly can’t think of the last time I saw a team as bad as us in this division. Maybe Blackpool when they went down? Think even our 07/08 team had more attacking threat.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Duane Holmes with all the quality of a chair I built when I was 10 there. Lovely ball from Jozwiak to put him in shooting position and his next touch puts it out for a throw. Bizarre.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Duane Holmes with all the quality of a chair I built when I was 6 there. Lovely ball from Jozwiak to put him in shooting position and his next touch puts it out for a throw. Bizarre.

I'm confused how old were you when you built the chair. 

Just now, Mick Brolly said:

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Duane Holmes with all the quality of a chair I built when I was 6 there. Lovely ball from Jozwiak to put him in shooting position and his next touch puts it out for a throw. Bizarre.

I'm confused how old were you when you built the chair. 

FGS obviously I edited the original post for a reason! 

Archived