Cocu DoF; Mac3 Head Coach

IslandExile

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oooh how dare you say such things. It's not like he dropped them when the crunch came? 

They were left out after the meeting with "senior players" who suggested going down a different route. We see that again now Roy, with your choice of manager only selecting one youngster in his "first" game as manager.

So, it's not ok for Cocu to leave the youngsters out in a difficult situation but you then support Rooney for doing so? ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

They were left out after the meeting with "senior players" who suggested going down a different route.

Cocu let them know who was boss? I don't believe that is what happened. Meeting yes, discussion yes. Player rule, no.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cocu let them know who was boss? I don't believe that is what happened. Meeting yes, discussion yes. Player rule, no.

I didn't say "player rule" but I don't think it's a bad thing for a manager - in any sphere - to take into account the opinions of others.

Anyhow, we will never agree. I was just curious about the paradox of you criticizing one manager for doing the same thing that you support another for doing.

I remember you praising the first performance post-Cocu when everyone else was saying it was practically the same. Then you confessed to not watching the RamsTV games under Cocu - which explained things.

Anyhow, let's agree to disagree.

COYR ?

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I remember you praising the first performance post-Cocu when everyone else was saying it was practically the same. Then you confessed to not watching the RamsTV games under Cocu - which explained things.

That doesn't mean I saw no Cocu games does it. Everything is extremes with you. You can't understand that fans might have been undecided by Cocu, sometimes for sometimes against. No, can't change your mind! The game post-Cocu - Bristol - was a good game. What is it you want, some kind of tablet of stone brought down from the mountain! ?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That doesn't mean I saw no Cocu games does it. Everything is extremes with you. You can't understand that fans might have been undecided by Cocu, sometimes for sometimes against. No, can't change your mind! The game post-Cocu - Bristol - was a good game. What is it you want, some kind of tablet of stone brought down from the mountain! ?

Look this thread was just a "how about..." kind of suggestion, just for a bit of fun. There are other fanciful proposals elsewhere in this forum.

But, as always, you and others see the opportunity for a bit more Cocu bashing. Yeah, yeah, I know you've said he's a nice man. Then criticise every single thing he did (while praising Rooney when he does the same).

Extremes? You are the one that never expresses a balanced view of Cocu's time here.

The great run we went on last season. Did you credit Cocu? Or was that all down to Rooney? Well the same Rooney is here this season, first playing,  now making the decisions, but we're not doing so well, eh?

Another paradox.

Ah, you'll say it's because Cocu didn't retain or replace Martin. Because he set the budget, eh.

Give me strength.

I'll leave it there.

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Look this thread was just a "how about..." kind of suggestion, just for a bit of fun. There are other fanciful proposals elsewhere in this forum.

But, as always, you and others see the opportunity for a bit more Cocu bashing. Yeah, yeah, I know you've said he's a nice man. Then criticise every single thing he did (while praising Rooney when he does the same).

Extremes? You are the one that never expresses a balanced view of Cocu's time here.

The great run we went on last season. Did you credit Cocu? Or was that all down to Rooney? Well the same Rooney is here this season, first playing,  now making the decisions, but we're not doing so well, eh?

Another paradox.

Ah, you'll say it's because Cocu didn't retain or replace Martin. Because he set the budget, eh.

Give me strength.

I'll leave it there.

Fight! fight! fight!

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

But, as always, you and others see the opportunity for a bit more Cocu bashing.

Its a thread about Cocu and Mac.

Get real you're obsessed with trying to prove Cocu would have been great here, if only... ?

The great run ended when we played teams that were better than us.

The problems multiplied because Cocu didn't REPLACE Martin - I imagine he didn't want to stay given where we are now ?

Glad you're leaving it there.

When it comes to McClaren  it depends on your criteria for good/bad manager and good/bad coach is.

From an achievement point of view he has won a domestic cup, a foreign league title, managed the national team and our highest league points tally and comfortably the highest win%. The assessment of him being a bad manager is built around perceptions of some of his failures at notable clubs, how it ended with England and of course his fall outs at Derby. My view is he is certainly a good coach and a decent enough manager at this level who can be a bit inconsistent. As for how good he will be as a technical director who knows? I don’t know if it’s a peculiar to our own culture but we love to have people in the boxes we create for them. SM is a good coach but this doesn’t mean he won’t make a brilliant TD. 

Are people for real? Cocu is the most overrated figure the club has ever had. No doubt about that. Apart from words the guy implemented nothing that will help this club achieve premier league status, we overrelied on an academy not good enough (the sooner people get over this the better, it will be so much fun playing a team full of kids in league one)

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can we stop recommending the appointment of people without the qualifications or demonstrations of competence for the relevant job role please.

That goes for head coaches/managers too.

Does that include suggestions of Rooney as manager?

Wider point, not aimed at you @DarkFruitsRam7.....

This is a forum for discussion. Brainstorming ideas is all about being able to suggest any idea, no matter how ridiculous, - without fear of abuse - because the subsequent debate may lead to some really good ideas.

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Does that include suggestions of Rooney as manager?

Wider point, not aimed at you @DarkFruitsRam7.....

This is a forum for discussion. Brainstorming ideas is all about being able to suggest any idea, no matter how ridiculous, - without fear of abuse - because the subsequent debate may lead to some really good ideas.

Yes, it does include Rooney as manager (although the more games we see with him in charge, the more we’ll know about his level of competence).

I’m all for discussion, it’s just this is one suggestion I’m not a fan of!

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Unless you don't rate Cocu, in which case you'll get abuse! ?

Archived