This squad, would a Billy Davies type get them playing again?

Boycie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Billy Davies was an absolute cretin when he was first here, I can only imagine how bitter, twisted and outdated his thinking would be if he were to ever resurface.

I'd rather we appointed a mop with some googly eyes stuck on it than him.

But would Gareth Ainsworth want to leave his beloved Wycombe for the Derby job?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In what particular way, other than a few comments post-PO final?

Everything about him indicates that he is a vile little man. He was just our vile little man at the time. He has managed to burn his bridges absolutely everywhere he has ever been which might go some way to explaining why he has been out of work in the management game for so long.

On 29/11/2020 at 19:22, Boycie said:

Billy installed an us against the world mentality.

Everyone seems to hate us nowadays so would that type of management work?

Time to give the wee man a call?

The problem with Billy's 'us against the world mentality' is the reality was far closer to 'the entire world's against Billy'. He's like a mad, paranoid, red-faced goblin who spends his entire day peering through the curtains/watching CCTV footage because he thinks there's government officials parked outside his house/bunker watching him. As he keeps trying to explain to Gladys, the bemused checkout lady at Kwik-Save, they're trying to steal his thousands of handwritten notebooks containing all of his mind-blowing revolutionary tactics in attempt to stop him becoming the self-proclaimed King of Football!

They're after me, and they'll get you too! I AM FOOTBALL" - he rants at passers-by in the rain, stood outside Kwik-Save in Long Eaton, with sausage rolls sellotaped to his head to "block out the 5G".

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Why's that? What happened?

Dont really know, i think he will be back when he has had a break. Sometimes we all need one.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Everything about him indicates that he is a vile little man. He was just our vile little man at the time. He has managed to burn his bridges absolutely everywhere he has ever been which might go some way to explaining why he has been out of work in the management game for so long.

so...you have ZERO examples then....

I would say that aside from him comments after he WON the play offs for us ( and i dont really blame him on those comments either) that his time here was pretty perfect.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

so...you have ZERO examples then....

I would say that aside from him comments after he WON the play offs for us ( and i dont really blame him on those comments either) that his time here was pretty perfect.

I have an opinion on the man based on what I saw of him. Sorry for not having a list of transgressions and quotes in a folder to hand, just in case I am asked to provide evidence to people on the Internet. 

Archived