Glass half full

Uptherams

At this rate, even 43 points might be enough for safety. That bottom cluster could have looked far worse for us than it does. 

Right now I'd say there are 6 teams in a relegation fight. In 3 games time, we could and hopefully will be saying there are 7-8 teams in a relegation fight. 

In January, we are the club that is going to boost itself the most in the bottom half, with loans and transfers in. Vitally, goalscoring forward(s).

Additionally, Davies starting we also only conceed 1 a game. Without him, we are weak and also at a moment's notice the defense can just fall apart. 

Screenshot_20201129-183145.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

At this rate, even 43 points might be enough for safety. That bottom cluster could have looked far worse for us than it does. 

Right now I'd say there are 6 teams in a relegation fight. In 3 games time, we could and hopefully will be saying there are 7-8 teams in a relegation fight. 

In January, we are the club that is going to boost itself the most in the bottom half, with loans and transfers in. Vitally, goalscoring forward(s).

Additionally, Davies starting we also only conceed 1 a game. Without him, we are weak and also at a moment's notice the defense can just fall apart. 

Screenshot_20201129-183145.jpg

You normally need about 49-51. Think Leicester went with 54 which was the highest.  

Stopped Forest getting in the playoffs last day with a draw but went down as well.  Think that's what happened but it was a while ago.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You normally need about 49-51. Think Leicester went with 54 which was the highest.  

Stopped Forest getting in the playoffs last day with a draw but went down as well.  Think that's what happened but it was a while ago.

Many seasons 41 would have been enough. 

https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=2&season=16

I fear history repeating itself and a January splurge on signings that leaves us with a bloated squad again. 

p.s. 23 points is the figure to beat if we are to be the worst ever championship team as well as the worst ever premier league team.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I fear history repeating itself and a January splurge on signings that leaves us with a bloated squad again. 

p.s. 23 points is the figure to beat if we are to be the worst ever championship team as well as the worst ever premier league team.

And biggest losing FA Cup Final margin. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had a look and I can't see any season in that list when 41's enough unless I've gone number blind. Think Millwall with 45 was the lowest one year but even that seems a million miles away at the minute. 

Just checked quickly, clicked on 4 seasons. I think you are doing it wrong. You look at the number for third from bottom. Doesn't matter what 4th from bottom actually got. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Third from bottom go down though, 4th from bottom are the points you have to better.

What? You only need 1 more point than third from bottom. So if third from bottom finish on 40 points, you only need 41 to finish above them..

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

We need 3 PL quality loans in January similar to those from the Lampard season to haul us out of this. Not adding to long term squad bloat but adding an immediate injection of quality. 

Yes I know that leaves us having to replace them next season, which we failed to do after Lampard's loans went back, but at this desperate point in time, advanced planning may have to go out of the window quicker than Tyrone Mears on his way to Marseilles.

Archived