Matty Longstaff

Donnyram

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Longstaff is a raw, but very talented lad. He’d be a good loan signing for anyone at this level, you’d see real improvement in his game if you give him the games I’d think. I’m not convinced a midfielder is really top of our priorities right now though...

If this true it could be a case of Mac observing our current defensive midfielders and realising they arent good enough, or ready.

Our supposed best one, Rooney, looks set to have hung up his boots, so maybe Mac is looking for his George Thorne.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If this true it could be a case of Mac observing our current defensive midfielders and realising they arent good enough, or ready.

Our supposed best one, Rooney, looks set to have hung up his boots, so maybe Mac is looking for his George Thorne.

We have Bielik, Shinnie and Bird already for that role. I would bring in a quality central defender, attacking midfielder and possibly 2 strikers if somehow the budget allows....

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It would seem that way, but I’d suggest he’s wrong if that’s the case. Bielik, Shinnie and Bird are all more than good enough, and provide us with plenty of options. Longstaff has the potential to be better, but I don’t think he’d be a massive improvement right now.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rooney isn’t even in our top 5 midfielders.

Personally I wouldn’t even class him as a midfielder, he’s a rotation striker for me!

7 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Great, back to the tried and trusted method of developing other teams players, a typical Mac tactic... 

We just need to play Bird, Knight and Sibley as our midfield three. 

The priority this season is to dig ourselves out of this hole we're in - whether it's by playing home-grown players or bringing in loans is completely irrelevant. 

Why would we want to bring in an inexperienced player, who as a poster has called  raw but talented, who will benefit from playing more games. Don't we have plenty of these types of players on our books already.

If the club is going to bring in loan players surely the type of players needed at the moment are those with more experience and the ability to help us get out of the situation we are presently in.

Archived