I don't know what the answers are, if there are answers.

David Baker

I enjoy watching. Everything, at the moment, is supremely interesting.

When the young players come in, they mostly seem to do very well. When more-senior players are re-selected, they seem to do well too. I enjoy thinking about all of this. I think that if we had a bustling youngish centre forward, who dragged the play much further upfield, Richard Keogh style, then that make a fine difference. It is apparent that Rooney and Waghorn  now appear to lack the necessary physical attributes, although Rooney does some marvellous things, at times. His passing is excellent.

The appointment of Sam Allardyce might keep the club in the championship, but the entertainment quotient would almost certainly be sacrificed. John Terry might be another Frank Lampard, but the risk would be considerable. Many of the mentioned likely/possible appointees would mean our throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Thank you for reading.

David Baker

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David Baker said:

I enjoy watching

Excuse Me What GIF

9 minutes ago, David Baker said:

Everything, at the moment, is supremely interesting

Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

8 minutes ago, David Baker said:

When more-senior players are re-selected, they seem to do well too.

Eyes What GIF

10 minutes ago, David Baker said:

Rooney does some marvellous things, at times. 

Shocked What Is It GIF

I haven’t enjoyed watching us less at the minute since... well forever. We are absolutely awful. The last time we were close to this bad I at least had youthful optimism on my side during the premier league season. Even then at least we were struggling against world class teams and players. Today we managed to cling on to a point against Wycombe at home... WYCOME AT DUCKING HOME!

1 hour ago, David Baker said:

I enjoy watching. Everything, at the moment, is supremely interesting.

When the young players come in, they mostly seem to do very well. When more-senior players are re-selected, they seem to do well too. I enjoy thinking about all of this. I think that if we had a bustling youngish centre forward, who dragged the play much further upfield, Richard Keogh style, then that make a fine difference. It is apparent that Rooney and Waghorn  now appear to lack the necessary physical attributes, although Rooney does some marvellous things, at times. His passing is excellent.

The appointment of Sam Allardyce might keep the club in the championship, but the entertainment quotient would almost certainly be sacrificed. John Terry might be another Frank Lampard, but the risk would be considerable. Many of the mentioned likely/possible appointees would mean our throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Thank you for reading.

David Baker

You’re the Sheikh aren’t you?

Archived