v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to have to log off the forum for tonight. I can't deal with it.

I love reading all your posts and opinions and breakdowns of where we're at, whether I agree with you or not, but I am already having a tough time as it is and Derby County has gone from being an escape and a release to something which is just bringing me down even more.

Night all.

57 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wow! Once again people blinded by the result can’t see the obvious that that was a good performance and would win a good proportion of championship games. Frustrating, gutting, stretton buries that in another game and we’re celebrating 3 points. What a livewire! 
Bielik, clearly he’s fit now and what performance. Kazim again excellent, Holmes continues to improve and get back to form, Byrne and Buchanan played well on return to the team. And bloody hell we are owed some luck as that was a stonewall pen on Lawrence. 
If we carry on in this vein wins will come and we will get out of this. Absolute sucker punch tonight. Gutted for them, completely undeserved. Tonight was very different to recent performances especially second half.

Cheers Colleen 

36 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Our expected goals for that match was 1.14, Coventry’s was 1.20. 

Let’s stop kidding ourselves that this is anything other than abysmal. Our players are simply not strong enough mentally to deal with the situation they’ve found themselves in and I’m worried. 

So you use xG tonight to say we’re abysmal yet you say we’re abysmal and we are not good enough against Wycombe when our xG was 2.83. Can’t have it both ways mate.

Im sure one of those Cov Chances was the offside one as well.

We created enough to win tonight and the level of performance second half was good and sustained for long periods. Reason we are where we are is because we’ve been nowhere near that level in many of our games this season.

27 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

This game was miles ahead of Cocu's 4-6-0 formation and possesion football. I consider this a step in the right direction.

And without Waghorn we actually have attacking power.

We just need the margins on our side.

it was marginally better but it still feels a long way off before we look like a team that can win a game. 

Also, does Waghorn really give us an attacking power? I don't think so.

It's too early to panic but, it seems every game, even if it is a step in the right direction, we're becoming further adrift from safety. At this rate, we'll have too much ground to make up by the time we become a half decent team.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

but I am already having a tough time as it is and Derby County has gone from being an escape and a release to something which is just bringing me down even more.

Night all.

Stay safe mate. It's only a game. We love it and the team, but still...there's always tomorrow. #COYR

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

it was marginally better but it still feels a long way off before we look like a team that can win a game. 

Also, does Waghorn really give us an attacking power? I don't think so.

It's too early to panic but, it seems every game, even if it is a step in the right direction, we're becoming further adrift from safety. At this rate, we'll have too much ground to make up by the time we become a half decent team.

Yup, agree that it might be too little too late, but I still have hope we'll survive the season.

But I want it noted that I do NOT, think Waghorn gives us attacking power.(as stated)

I hope he finds a new career as a stay at home dad.

52 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Quick recap of the last  year:

Trimmed the fat of an overpaid squad - Huddlestone, Johnson, Bryson, Martin, Anya, Carson. Didnt really work.

Replaced with  2 future  England/Chelsea loans alongside Harry Wilson and best England left back of modern times. Didn't really work.

Brought in sexy Foreign manager and utilised "one of the countries best academies'. Didnt work.

Utilised some tried and tested good old fashioned team bonding sessions. Less said the better.

Hired England's greatest goalscorer as player. Didnt work.

Brought back our arguably our most successful manager in 20 years to assist England's greatest goalscorer in his management transition. Doesnt appear to be working.

Beginning to think we were Nazi's in a previous life!!!

You need to read the coronavirus thread?

21 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I have my reservations but I'd certainly favour him over the current set up. My thinking where Terry is concerned is that he was and always will be, a leader. Wazza never was. JT also carved an impressive career at the highest level having a fraction of Wayne's natural ability and IMO he did so through passion, a will to win and purely bloody mindedness. He wasn't quick and lacked the natural athleticism of VVD type CB but in his prime he was immense nonetheless. Seems to me there's much we could learn from him in those regards. The issue is that he brings some baggage and as such, would need to be winning games straight from the off. A lot of folk don't exactly like him and that's understandable, though I think everyone deserves a second chance and he seems a lot calmer these days than he was. The Villa fans seriously rate him too, so there's that.

Returning to Big Sam, he'd cost a fortune, even having been out of the game for over two years and as long as we are flirting with relegation, I'm not sure committing to another fat contract is a risk the club will want to take. No easy call really! 

There’s merit in the qualities you find in Terry for the job , I just can’t get way from the feeling that if was in charge of Derby at this serious time and it was my money I was spending then i would have to find a way of getting big Sam in ,even if on a big bonus , we really are in dire trouble

Well in my opapion I think formation is part of the probleam 3421 does not work I go with 443 or 442 or 352 but I go with 2 strikers Richard's or young lad came on tonight  cant spell his name and go with 1 holding midfield and in front of him I have joshwick then selby shinnie Evans

I dont know what guys think of this but this is way I would go.

58 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Needed that 2nd goal desperately tonight, could see an equaliser coming though once we scored, the low confidence is there for all to see

I think that you are right about the importance of "confidence" - and it might be a bigger factor than tactics at our position in the league.

You might be right about seeing "low confidence" tonight, but I think that I also saw some evidence of higher confidence levels - good movement, commitment, positive crosses, scoring a goal! Snippets where the players seemed to assume that attacks would be successful, that crosses would reach their man, or at least cause defenders problems.

I didn't think that we played with an attitude that the other team was better than us - which also shows a certain level of confidence. 

It must be hard to play with confidence, when at the bottom of the league - but I think (or maybe I mean that I HOPE) that current confidence levels may be enough to start a virtuous circle of confidence - goals - results - confidence - goals - results.

35 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think I'm going to have to log off the forum for tonight. I can't deal with it.

I love reading all your posts and opinions and breakdowns of where we're at, whether I agree with you or not, but I am already having a tough time as it is and Derby County has gone from being an escape and a release to something which is just bringing me down even more.

Night all.

Look after you always mate first and foremost - keep on keeping on.

I hope things get better for you personally and at this club we love. 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We are right in the kaka. Note defeaning silence coming from Mel Morris regards what the short and long term plans are and reassurance that he is striving to do everything within his power to get us out of this position.

He needs to leave. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I think that you are right about the importance of "confidence" - and it might be a bigger factor than tactics at our position in the league.

You might be right about seeing "low confidence" tonight, but I think that I also saw some evidence of higher confidence levels - good movement, commitment, positive crosses, scoring a goal! Snippets where the players seemed to assume that attacks would be successful, that crosses would reach their man, or at least cause defenders problems.

I didn't think that we played with an attitude that the other team was better than us - which also shows a certain level of confidence. 

It must be hard to play with confidence, when at the bottom of the league - but I think (or maybe I mean that I HOPE) that current confidence levels may be enough to start a virtuous circle of confidence - goals - results - confidence - goals - results.

Correct, it's evident that Colin k is encouraging others and that will breed confidence but when we went 1-0 up you could see the players getting jittery when a simple hoof upfield would of done, had Stretton banged the gift CKR gave him we'd of been on cloud 9

Just hope we can get through millwall and Brentford without boro results 

9 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Correct, it's evident that Colin k is encouraging others and that will breed confidence but when we went 1-0 up you could see the players getting jittery when a simple hoof upfield would of done, had Stretton banged the gift CKR gave him we'd of been on cloud 9

Just hope we can get through millwall and Brentford without boro results 

We don’t have the time to just get through them without getting thrashed. We need points!

2 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

We don’t have the time to just get through them without getting thrashed. We need points!

Absolutely, just can't see it though with our record in London and the fact they'll be boosted by having a small following cheering them on

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hard to fathom isn't it? POTY last season and looking a shadow of himself currently. We're in a potentially terminal funk at the moment so I think we really need to try something different and soon. I've not been Wayne's biggest fan in recent weeks but in fainess to him, the players simply have to put up. They seem to roll over far too easily for my liking.

Wasn’t really a great deal of candidates last season for POTY in my opinion. I think Clarke got it by default really.  I don’t think he is a terrible player, but to get POTY says more about the rest of the squad and tactics really.  Things have changed this season and it is certainly exposing  some weaknesses.

Archived