v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wow! Once again people blinded by the result can’t see the obvious that that was a good performance and would win a good proportion of championship games. Frustrating, gutting, stretton buries that in another game and we’re celebrating 3 points. What a livewire! 
Bielik, clearly he’s fit now and what performance. Kazim again excellent, Holmes continues to improve and get back to form, Byrne and Buchanan played well on return to the team. And bloody hell we are owed some luck as that was a stonewall pen on Lawrence. 
If we carry on in this vein wins will come and we will get out of this. Absolute sucker punch tonight. Gutted for them, completely undeserved. Tonight was very different to recent performances especially second half.

I agree. I'm baffled by what I'm reading on here, it's almost like people watched a different game to me. We looked like scoring and we moved the ball much faster. We were slack at the back a couple of times, but I can live with performances like that.

Ive said it before but il say it again, this is pretty much the same group of players who 4 months ago were the form team in the league, the players have the ability we just need a manager to get them playing to it and given them some confidence.

Tonighg we played some good stuff at times. Bielik showed his class, Byrne looked decent, CKR a quality target man again. For me it was a stonewall penalty on Lawrence. When you're in form Stretton's chance goes im and the volley for their goal ends up in row Z, as it is Stretton hits the bar and their volley passes 6 players & goes in.

Get a new manager in for Saturday please and lets see what we can do.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I think we created better chances how many did there kick our lot to def and only booked two there players. But booked at 4 of ours for next to nothing I dont know what game you were watching.

im normally with you but we got what we deserved 

12 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Feel sorry for  Colin Getinzim Richards he finally gets a chance in the team,on Sat he was brilliant and again tonight a real handful,looks like we may of found a cheap target man

Now there’s planning for the future. A terrific striker for League One. To be serious, he was our best player in the last 2 games, I derided the signing at the time. Says a lot about the rest of them. And maybe even myself there.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ive said it before but il say it again, this is pretty much the same group of players who 4 months ago were the form team in the league, the players have the ability we just need a manager to get them playing to it and given them some confidence.

Tonighg we played some good stuff at times. Bielik showed his class, Byrne looked decent, CKR a quality target man again. For me it was a stonewall penalty on Lawrence. When you're in form Stretton's chance goes im and the volley for their goal ends up in row Z, as it is Stretton hits the bar and their volley passes 6 players & goes in.

Get a new manager in for Saturday please and lets see what we can do.

Perfect summary, the potential is there, we need the manager to unlock it

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wow! Once again people blinded by the result can’t see the obvious that that was a good performance and would win a good proportion of championship games. Frustrating, gutting, stretton buries that in another game and we’re celebrating 3 points. What a livewire! 
Bielik, clearly he’s fit now and what performance. Kazim again excellent, Holmes continues to improve and get back to form, Byrne and Buchanan played well on return to the team. And bloody hell we are owed some luck as that was a stonewall pen on Lawrence. 
If we carry on in this vein wins will come and we will get out of this. Absolute sucker punch tonight. Gutted for them, completely undeserved. Tonight was very different to recent performances especially second half.

I’m genuinely worried if we’ve set the bar that low. That performance absolutely wouldn’t win against a good proportion of the teams in this division. It couldn’t beat a team who are likely to be in the bottom 3 at the end of the season. 

We played some neat football without creating clear cut chances. Even the goal wasn’t a clear cut chance. 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Spot on but this is a deep hole we are in.  If sibbo bird and Stretton had scored their chances this all could look very different.  2nd was ours and we looked very dangerous.  They lump it in in desperation and the ball ends up it’s them which is finished excellently.  It’s football you can’t stop every chance and at the moment we are having very little luck

Thought there were some very good performances tonight. Byrne, Buchanan, Bielik, Kazim-Richards deserve praise. Everyone else struggled through and look shaky.

Chances were there to score more. Birds first half is bad, as he adopts the position of faux confidence in a position you have to kick it really hard in the goal, as Chrissy Martin once said. Strettons is similar, hard and low lads. 

You know the goal they scored, you’d once have a Keogh running out at that. Wasn’t bad was he, covered up for a lot of what was going on around him. God we miss him.

It’s not that the subs are bad but it’s that they are made at a bad time. Defensive subs need making in a moment of calm not whilst defending for your lives. So players can get settled and organised.

Its not all bad, Bielik is going to be a huge plus, more than what anyone is appreciating right now and we are playing much better football. Im sure we could get on a very good run but we are too desperate for a win right now  

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I didn't see the Wycombe game at the weekend. I thought tonight was ok. I thought Bielik was excellent, Kazim-Richards had a great game and really deserved his goal. I would have liked to see Jozwiak on for Lawrence much sooner. Byrne's cross was absolute perfection.

The defending really is criminal though. We got away with it in the first half, and eventually we got punished. Matt Clarke is **not** a good defender. 

It's the first Derby game I've really enjoyed this season, so I'm happy enough with the improvements.

Perfectly put. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m genuinely worried if we’ve set the bar that low. That performance absolutely wouldn’t win against a good proportion of the teams in this division. It couldn’t beat a team who are likely to be in the bottom 3 at the end of the season. 

We played some neat football without creating clear cut chances. Even the goal wasn’t a clear cut chance. 

Well I disagree with you it was a bloody good cross and very good goal.

18 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Disagree, these players are more than good enough. Something is amiss that we don’t know. 

Bad coaching. We need someone to come in who knows how to organise a defence. We also need someone who can get the players putting in better final balls.

Be smarter with the ref. Get him on our side before kickoff and some decisions may slightly favour us.