I want Wayne Rooney playing

Curtains

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think bringing Rooney to the club is turning out to be one of the gravest mistakes we've made over Mel's tenure.

when he joined last season we had a major bounce and at one stage looked like we would make top 6. It was no coincidence

The problem is not that he came as a player.  The problem is that he came as a player manager. His form and fitness this season reflect that his head is now in management.  I think you're right, he'll be a crap manager.  But fortunately we have uncle Steve pulling the strings.

It's sad for Rooney. His playing career has fizzled out. And he's likely to be sacked from his first mgt appointment when the 32red contract expires.

Worse still: I suspect the only reason he ever wanted to be a manager is because his hangers on have realised that's how they make most money

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think bringing Rooney to the club is turning out to be one of the gravest mistakes we've made over Mel's tenure.

I don't say that to slate Rooney himself. I think he believed he'd offer us more than he could as a player and I don't think he's right to be manager in these circumstances. He might make a good manager, but I don't think he's ready and I don't think our circumstances lend themselves to it.

But it seem's we sacrificed so muc to have him here - we can't offer Martin enough to keep him here and we can't sign another CF but we have Wayne Rooney at the club....can't sub him off when clearly that'd be the right move have to change team and tactics to include him after we'd been starting to look better without him.

I think he tried his best when he was playing - even if you're not a fan of his, not trying is not something i'd ever accuse him of, his body just wasn't up to it at this level, and probably believed himself he was needed. He probably believes he's the best person to sort out the team as a coach. I'm sure he's trying to.

Personally, I'd happily see him leave the club and we can all move on. However, for the time being, we've got him here until the end of the season and whilst he's head coach I hope he makes things improve. Even if it's not offical, i sinceerly hope he's hung his boots up. Some of his performances this season are just sad, sad that the skilled, powerful and determined player of his man u and england days is now waddling around misplacing passes, can't track back and getting mugged by everyday journyman second division midfielders.

This!

I’d add that I think he could still play a role sharing the striker role with CKR (60 mins one game 30 as sub the next, or whatever suits the game) as the pivot/hold up striker. 

That said it would be utterly ridiculous to be paying a player the sums he’s rumored to be getting as a bit part player in this division.

As you say in hindsight his signing was a mistake! 

@Curtains clutching at straws here.

Rooney is finished. He was signed as a striker and was unable to play there.

he gets caught in possession. He can’t run. He offers little or no leadership, 

he can pass and he can stand in the centre circle but we don’t need the little he’s got to offer, either on the pitch or off it.

it was a stupid and expensive vanity project by Melvyn.
We’ll be lucky to get 32 points at this rate. 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

@Curtains clutching at straws here.

Rooney is finished. He was signed as a striker and was unable to play there.

he gets caught in possession. He can’t run. He offers little or no leadership, 

he can pass and he can stand in the centre circle but we don’t need the little he’s got to offer, either on the pitch or off it.

it was a stupid and expensive vanity project by Melvyn.
We’ll be lucky to get 32 points at this rate. 

You slipped this one in without quoting me RamNut .

Football is about opinions 

image.gif.3fefd4c5e116d50be538d7ba59519342.gif

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You’re being incredibly harsh to a player who only made his senior debut a few months ago and has barely played outside of sub appearances since.

Has he pissed on your corn flakes? 

I don’t like cornflakes so I wouldn’t know. 

I like the lad but he’s not learning.

He has drive but he takes wrong options and loses the ball .

He goes at teams and he really tries 

He gets booked a lot 

I hope he comes good 

I like Rooney has he pissed on Derby fans weetabix 

PS I expect to be banned soon now you are a moderator lol 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

He gets booked a lot 

I hope he comes good 

He's played 18 first team games. 

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Are you thinking of Sibley 

When accounting for errors and giving the ball away , it depends what else they contribute. In the case of Rooney that would be very little as his corners and free kicks have been awful as well. Sibley is one of the few that can take the ball past people and his aggression is welcome. He's not been given a steady run compared to last season.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

He gets booked a lot 

I hope he comes good 

How do you know he isn’t learning? He’s barely made an appearance this season until yesterday. He was one of our bright spots yesterday too. If you’re expecting instant results with a kid who only just turned 19 and has been in and out of the team as much as anyone else then I think your expectations are astronomically high. 

Archived