Rooney takes himself out of the squad for Saturday

RoyMac5

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I hope the focus is on picking the right team from the start, and by that I mean picking players in form in their right positions.

The substitutions on Wednesday were catastrophic and felt panicked.

Interesting to see Rooney’s style. Is he a ranter or a calming influence?

He has made mistakes, but I wish him every success as a manager and hope he has the backing of the players. We will see. 

The problem is only Knight and Marshall are showing any form.The others look like rabbits caught in headlights.

Glad at least we have a small sense of focus inasmuch one person is in charge, giving the orders, even if it's Rooney.  It's been pretty obvious on the pitch players had no idea what they were doing.  Glad he's taken himself out the team, or at least someone did (Mac?).  The right decision.  Shinnie, Sibley, Knight all in please.  

We need the sale done, so many distractions, everyone looking over their shoulders rather than focusing on what's needed.  The place is a mess right now but immediate task is to get a win against Wycombe and kick on!

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's not based on just this season, he's been awful for the last 20 odd games (although for a couple of those he did look to be our most creative player).

Against Boro it was clear he should have been one of those to have been subbed. The stubbornness to not bring himself off when he was arguably the worst player on the pitch is the main reason for being targetted. If he came off at half time the reaction to him would be completely different.

Yep his stubbornness not to bring himself off is bordering on tantric 

Archived