Rooney takes himself out of the squad for Saturday

RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If I were him I’d leave this car crash go back to Sky and then pick up his coaching career somewhere else as he develops into a top coach and manager. It’s not going to happen for him here.

Fine. It ain't likely to happen. I think he'll make a good coach but manager...I doubt it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think Rooney has taken plenty of flack over the past week if not more.

He’s been well clear of the tough interviews and able to distance himself from the coaching which sets him up to be given the chance to lead whereas Rosenior never had that. Rooney has his beloved media circus backing him at the moment as well, all will be out in force tomorrow.

Agree Rooney gets more grief from fans who don’t like his superstar status, and for his shocking performances on the pitch where let’s face it - he’s finished.

So if we are dire against Wycombe, does it revert back with Rosenior getting the gig against Coventry and Rooney deciding which position he fancies playing??

Apologies for the sarcasm, but my once great football club is beyond shambolic and possibly on the way down. I've experienced better Sunday league football management. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

So if we are dire against Wycombe, does it revert back with Rosenior getting the gig against Coventry and Rooney deciding which position he fancies playing??

Apologies for the sarcasm, but my once great football club is beyond shambolic and possibly on the way down. I've experienced better Sunday league football management. 

Who knows, we can only enjoy the ride!

5 minutes ago, europia said:

I think we’re rotating the job, first ‘manager’ who gets them to score gets the gig. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Rosenior is textbook, not experiential. But who knows.

To be fair, he was a half decent player himself. And being textbook never hurt likes of Wenger or Mourinho.

I'd wager Rooney's advantage in that area has been massively eroded now by his familiarity to the players as a teammate.

Mac is a clever guy.  Insist on Rooney being thrown into the deep end, knowing full well he is out of his depth.  A few games from now and Mac will be begged to take over, which he will reluctantly do because of his love for the club.

If this is going to be heavily Mac influenced have we got the players to deploy his favoured 433?

It’s interesting if you match up the players in certain positions from his previous stints 

Keogh - Clarke

Buxton - Wisdom

Eustace - Shinnie

Thorne - Bielik 

Hughes - Bird 

Bryson - Knight

Ward - Lawerence

Russell - Jozwiak

Ince - Waghorn

Martin - Kazim Richards 

I don’t see any direct comparisons to Sibley as he’s a bit different (unless your one of those people who compare him to Hughes because of his hair colour - completely different players). Granted some of the comparisons are a bit of a stretch playing style wise but I have tried to match them up on position as well. The comparisons ability/commitment wise in the attacking positions are far worse. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Is this McClaren immediately bringing an ounce of common sense to the proceedings?

Or is it Rooney positioning himself by insinuating the previous two games were down to Rosenior?

McClaren. 

Not read ahead, so apologies if this has been answered. 

44 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s been well clear of the tough interviews and able to distance himself from the coaching which sets him up to be given the chance to lead whereas Rosenior never had that. Rooney has his beloved media circus backing him at the moment as well, all will be out in force tomorrow.

Agree Rooney gets more grief from fans who don’t like his superstar status, and for his shocking performances on the pitch where let’s face it - he’s finished.

I was referring to the grief in social media.

Yes I also don’t like that he has avoided the post match interviews.

But ultimately he has dropped himself now which was painstakingly obvious needed to be done so let’s hope this helps.

OK so, I hope I'm wrong but I sadly don't think I am.

The only way this is going to work under the current staff is if Mac is at the very least, Assistant Manager. This director of nonsense position will not cut it.

Rooney needs support from someone on the touchline, not someone sat at home sending him WhatsApp messages. He's fresh to the job and under the current climate, its the equivalent to taking the stabilisers off a child's bike for the first time, and then making them go off a ramp. And More often than not its not gonna end well.

I've also said from the start that Rooney is not the right man to be our manager, Infact I'd go as far as to say he won't make a good manager at all. Managers need to be passionate leaders with an ability to articulate themselves, And even though Rooney has been captain for club and Country,  I wonder how much of that was down to his ability as a player rather than him being an actual leader.

I Haven't seen a really passionate Rooney for a long time and even though I hope I'm wrong,  I think if we are trying new manager, John Terry would of been the best choice. However, how many managers would want to take over at Derby right now? 

I Really hope I'm wrong and it works out because its actually a damn shame to see our club where it is. 

COYR

This actually raises more questions. 

Why has Rooney been declared promoted from the committee and Mac not been put in as a short term measure?

What happens if he makes a mess of it?

If he’s replaced does he just go back to playing and doesn’t kick up a fuss (unlikely)?

Archived