Rooney takes himself out of the squad for Saturday

RoyMac5

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Only took 2 games to come to the right conclusion, who is actually running the club here? It should never have been left to Rooney to decide this himself at all. 

Distinct lack of leadership at the club at a time when it's needed the most. 

I'll wager McClaren had a hand in this decision.

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Is this McClaren immediately bringing an ounce of common sense to the proceedings?

Or is it Rooney positioning himself by insinuating the previous two games were down to Rosenior?

I like to think Rooney has looked at this forum and taken some of the advice being offered.

Rooney took himself out of the team also translates to McClaren saying you can’t coach and play. McClaren has definitely been involved in this.

I really feel for Rosenior, he gets the flak for the last 2 games when Rooney is equally culpable. Rooney now gets the two easier games to prove himself. It absolutely stinks. If I were him I’d leave this car crash go back to Sky and then pick up his coaching career somewhere else as he develops into a top coach and manager. It’s not going to happen for him here.

I hope Rooney wins both matches because we desperately need the points - but then someone else comes in and takes over. But if he wins the next 2 games, he’ll probably get the job to the end of the season. Not sure he is the right answer but we need him to succeed, hopefully with Mac guiding him he can.

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rooney took himself out of the team also translates to McClaren saying you can’t coach and play. McClaren has definitely been involved in this.

I really feel for Rosenior, he gets the flak for the last 2 games when Rooney is equally culpable. Rooney now gets the two easier games to prove himself. It absolutely stinks. If I were him I’d leave this car crash go back to Sky and then pick up his coaching career somewhere else as he develops into a top coach and manager. It’s not going to happen for him here.

I hope Rooney wins both matches because we desperately need the points - but then someone else comes in and takes over. But if he wins the next 2 games, he’ll probably get the job to the end of the season. Not sure he is the right answer but we need him to succeed, hopefully with Mac guiding him he can.

I think Rooney has taken plenty of flack over the past week if not more.

Archived