I feel I have to post something positive

Curtains

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Curtains said:

We can ask for no more than the whole staff including players and management to give their best. 

As long as we see effort on the field as supporters then we can ask for no more. 

Let’s start from Saturday please. 

3 points will do mate. Come on Derby we can do it ????

Just now, DerbyNutter said:

3 points will do mate. Come on Derby we can do it ????

I think we can. 

I still look forward to every game that’s why this situation hurts.  

But i am optimistic it can still be turned around

I beg all the players regardless of whether they are in the team or not to think of their future as well as DCFC and the fans 

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Only players who showed anything at all last night was knight CKR and sibley

Having read David’s post I’ve realised that constant negativity against the club and players etc isn’t going to help.  

Lets just back off a bit including myself.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we can. 

But i am optimistic it can still be turned around

1. It won't be easy but I think we can do it as long as they get on with it. Some of them need to. 

2. Agreed it can still turned around with 33 games left this season. Come on Derby. ??????

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Having read David’s post I’ve realised that constant negativity against the club and players etc isn’t going to help.  

Lets just back off a bit including myself.

It's difficult to pass on our encouragement to the team when we can't attend. But conversely I would be surprised if the more visceral criticism on here is actually getting back to them and they are all therefore going to have to find whatever is within.

I personally have been shaken by our rapid decline this season. For me, it has been totally unexpected, whatever others might think.

I have reluctantly come to the view that Rooney is more of a contributory factor than Cocu - last season felt like an extended trial period whist we waited for the saviour, followed by some decent stuff for a while. However, it seems that a steady accumulation of causes has finally tipped us over.

We need a reset, fast.

Saturday has to be 11 players and the subs giving 100% effort whistle to whistle. That is the absolute minimum from any game of football imo and I find it unthinkable that any football fan has to ask for this from their players.

I never like to bring up money with footballers as I think its a tired old debate. However... the sheer amount of money these lot earn to live their dream morally dictates to me that the players do this very basic thing - give their best.

100% no less.

And more to it, if they give 100% and still lose....fair enough. Then it comes down to ability/tactics/coaching. Out of their hands. Just for them to do their bit is all I ask.

Absolutely right. If we see a team go out there on Saturday and give everything they’ve got, put 100% effort and energy in, then things won’t feel as bad. At least they’ll have tried, I can respect that. It’s the lack of care and pride in their performances that’s pissing me off most at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely right. If we see a team go out there on Saturday and give everything they’ve got, put 100% effort and energy in, then things won’t feel as bad. At least they’ll have tried, I can respect that. It’s the lack of care and pride in their performances that’s pissing me off most at the moment.

That’s exactly it. 

Sometimes though lack of confidence manifests itself into looking like lack of effort.

Last night though I saw lack of effort on the field worsened by certain management decisions but all that is irrelevant now. 

I am hoping this is a wake up call and we will smash Wycombe and Coventry 

Archived