Mac had no input...

RoyMac5

BBC: from Rosenior interview.

"He had no input with the tactics or team selection, but I'm delighted he's here because he's someone who has been there and done it," said Rosenior.

OMG. So all the changing about, starting differently to the BC game, including not being able to see when we actually looked dangerous at the start of the 2nd half was down to Rosenior?

So will we see Mac involved at pitch level? I see nothing but disaster if there isn't an interim manager put in charge immediately. Mac3 please, now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Indy said:

He was scribbling enough notes in the first half to fill that notebook! I hope this quote is just laying the ground for him to take over as interim without being associated with last night’s debacle. 

He was doing his christmas lists. Top was new coffee cup - what was all that water nonsense?

Why Roy do you think he would have input in training, team selection or tactical substitutions?  HE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AS AN ADVISOR TO THE BOARD AND A TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.

Here is a start point for you to learn about the kind of qualifications he now has and therefore further insight into the role has been appointed to.

https://www.thefa.com/bootroom/learning/qualifications/fa-level-5-for-technical-directors

This was the problem with this appointment, already we are having fans wanting him to be employed as an interim manager. What hope has anyone new got, every time we lose a game we have the same outcry.

He was brought in to be a technical director, let him do his job, whatever that is and let's get a perm manager in sooner rather than later.

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Why Roy do you think he would have input in training, team selection or tactical substitutions?  HE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AS AN ADVISOR TO THE BOARD AND A TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.

Here is a start point for you to learn about the kind of qualifications he now has and therefore further insight into the role has been appointed to.

https://www.thefa.com/bootroom/learning/qualifications/fa-level-5-for-technical-directors

What is a Technical Director.

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yes, thank you, you can call a rose by any name and it would smell as sweet!

But thanks for the input, glad to see you can use caps lock off too.

21 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

This was the problem with this appointment, already we are having fans wanting him to be employed as an interim manager. What hope has anyone new got, every time we lose a game we have the same outcry.

He was brought in to be a technical director, let him do his job, whatever that is and let's get a perm manager in sooner rather than later.

The problem is the huge disconnect. The new owners ambition is promotion. They are looking for a manager to fight for it. That manager, whoever they may be, is looking at our current situation and thinking, yeah it's all well and good you are going to back me and splash some cash on transfers. But my job right now is to keep the team in the league, when they are currently bottom and can't score.

They'll be thinking to themselves, yeah it's nice that the board wants to give me £50m ? to spend, but who in their right mind would want to join Derby in Jan? They know who, players looking for a decent paycheck. Club ends up with a load more mercenaries, bleeding the club dry. 

To me, any sane candidate will be saying I'm interested, but I want to come in at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"He had no input with the tactics or team selection, but I'm delighted he's here because he's someone who has been there and done it," said Rosenior.

OMG. So all the changing about, starting differently to the BC game, including not being able to see when we actually looked dangerous at the start of the 2nd half was down to Rosenior?

So will we see Mac involved at pitch level? I see nothing but disaster if there isn't an interim manager put in charge immediately. Mac3 please, now.

What's the obsessed with Mac as a head coach/manager again? He failed twice here. He's a advisor remember ?

36 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

oooh look at you with your facts. 

Just now, DerbyNutter said:

What's the obsessed with Mac as a head coach/manager again? He failed twice here. He's a advisor remember ?

What was classed as failure for Mac1 and Mac2 would be classed as a ginormous success with the current state we're in.

19 minutes ago, Rampage said:

What is a Technical Director.

It is a bit like a Cat 1 Academy. Something you don’t need if you are heading to League 1. I supplied a weblink in my last post re. technical director qualification. Click on that weblink. Love to @RoyMac5too. Busy in work at mo so will post again much later.

12 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Why single out Rosenior and not Rooney? Weren't you praising the tactics on Saturday and putting that down to Rooney? It seems you're just blaming the people you don't like. 

Because Rosenior is the one in charge when Rooney is playing - last game Rooney was asked about the two roles and he said (for the BC game) that come the day before he 'puts on his player head'. So that will have happened at Boro and the switching about was down to Rosenior, unless you think that was pre-planned?! ?

A quote: "We know we are lacking scoring goals. Jack Stretton made his first appearance on the bench. I didn't feel it was the right game for Jack to bring him on."

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Surely we’re not pinning everything on Rosenior here?

Surely Rooney, Given and t’other one as the committee must shoulder the blame for this debacle as well?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because Rosenior is the one in charge when Rooney is playing - last game Rooney was asked about the two roles and he said (for the BC game) that come the day before he 'puts on his player head'. So that will have happened at Boro and the switching about was down to Rosenior, unless you think that was pre-planned?! ?

A quote: "We know we are lacking scoring goals. Jack Stretton made his first appearance on the bench. I didn't feel it was the right game for Jack to bring him on."

Liam is correct on that one. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe that answers the question marks over his performance. He's putting his head on, on the wrong day 

Archived