Rooney is the new Savage

tinman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this in the Boro game thread...More appropiate here.

Rooneys the problem, Double maybe treble the next highest paid player, He's not doing anything more than any other player, Would you pull any trees up when he's left his tools elsewhere.

Cocu was only part of the problem, The players must take the lions share of the blame, If those on here don't think this lot will be relegated need to go to football coaching classes.

Rooney is arguably worse.

At least Savage had the balls to own up that he wasn't playing well enough and that part of the reason for our situation was him.

Rooney, despite being a Coach, Captain and playing every game when he's been available has yet to show any humility or responsibility for our predicament, and is actively avoiding the tough questions from the media like the guilty little child he is.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is more OTT nonsense.

Absolutely not - Rooney is not contributing & even worse is a toxic influence on all around him

Totally selfish, no moral fibre & completely in denial about his limited abilities as both coach & player

Shouldn’t play another game for the club IMO - no matter what the commercial impact on the club is.

Put him on Gardening leave...

Trying to be fair, I think Rooney has under performed this season quite a lot. I don’t think he has been our poorest player but he does look complacent, I haven’t seen the fight expected from a captain and now player-manager. He is older but has looked unfit. I have heard he’s carried a small back injury, if that’s true then he shouldn’t be playing every minute and it’s understandable it’s affecting his game. I have seen a lot of mistakes, passing wise especially which is odd as he is technically capable of things beyond our other players. If he is undroppable as per his contract, other players could become unhappy. 
On the flip side, he has occasionally shown glimpses of real quality. Maybe not everyone agrees, but he has on occasion put lovely balls through to other players, set us off on dangerous attacks but we falter near their box and pass it back. He is also deadly from free kicks. He was also brilliant when he first signed and showed talent far beyond Savage or other players. I prefer him further up, I don’t think he should be a defensive midfielder.

Ideally he should focus on playing and have to fight for his place like other players and in a more attacking role. 

If Rooney is serious about going into management, he should bench himself and see what is going on the pitch from the sideline then bring himself on to dictate, if possible, he's making far too many mistakes on the pitch to install confidence to others 

Comparison?, savage after his loan at Brighton came back a different player and was half decent at times 

Archived