Our team need supporters

Cisse

Players lack confidence and that is no big surprise. They don't know who owns the club one month from now, who is going to be the manager then, who is in and who is out, will there be fans SUPPORTING them on the stands or even will the season be played fully until the end.

As a fans we have a right to share the critique to the players and the club but the players are in a tough spot now, in a situation no one has ever been before. Now is the time to start supporting everyone with in the club. They need it. Just telling them off won't get us out of this misery.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they show they're giving it they're all, they'll get support. The Premier League team that did awfully at least tried their best, they just weren't good enough. I don't get that impression from this current bunch. It feels like they could give so much more. That's why they're not getting the support.

6 hours ago, Cisse said:

Players lack confidence and that is no big surprise. They don't know who owns the club one month from now, who is going to be the manager then, who is in and who is out, will there be fans SUPPORTING them on the stands or even will the season be played fully until the end.

As a fans we have a right to share the critique to the players and the club but the players are in a tough spot now, in a situation no one has ever been before. Now is the time to start supporting everyone with in the club. They need it. Just telling them off won't get us out of this misery.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Fans will always argue we will support you when you show something on the pitch worthy of being supported, we only sing when we're winning.

I agree though, having this negative toxic atmosphere around the club will help nobody and we are not innocent bystanders in this.

Not looked, but I'm sure the frenzy out there has led to players being tagged in all sorts.

Anger and frustration are perfectly understandable emotions right now, but ripping into the players left right and centre quite simply won't help anyone.

2 absolutely huge games coming up right now, if you're considering tagging a player in anything this week, be it support and get behind them as confidence will be at an all time low. Heads need picking up, not smashing further into the ground.

3 minutes ago, David said:

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Fans will always argue we will support you when you show something on the pitch worthy of being supported, we only sing when we're winning.

I agree though, having this negative toxic atmosphere around the club will help nobody and we are not innocent bystanders in this.

Not looked, but I'm sure the frenzy out there has led to players being tagged in all sorts.

Anger and frustration are perfectly understandable emotions right now, but ripping into the players left right and centre quite simply won't help anyone.

2 absolutely huge games coming up right now, if you're considering tagging a player in anything this week, be it support and get behind them as confidence will be at an all time low. Heads need picking up, not smashing further into the ground.

I'm sure our players have been around enough to know someone tagging them in a post is not worth worrying about. I'll never understand that mentality and assume it's a minority (not 100% sure) and most normal fans wouldn't envisage taking to social media to abuse anyone, let alone a player.

Commenting on a forum around a players performance is one thing, as long as it's not personal I don't see that being a problem.

Yet as I type this, I remember some of the comments that single players out, I remember the stick Bogle used to get when he became established within the team and think maybe I'm being naive.

6 hours ago, Cisse said:

They got my support as always. Come on Derby ????

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I'm sure our players have been around enough to know someone tagging them in a post is not worth worrying about. I'll never understand that mentality and assume it's a minority (not 100% sure) and most normal fans wouldn't envisage taking to social media to abuse anyone, let alone a player.

Commenting on a forum around a players performance is one thing, as long as it's not personal I don't see that being a problem.

Yet as I type this, I remember some of the comments that single players out, I remember the stick Bogle used to get when he became established within the team and think maybe I'm being naive.

I remember Robbie Savage saying he used to check forums after games, created accounts to stick up for himself. I don't believe that was this forum, but I don't think players are as immune to it as you might think.

2020 has been an incredibly tough year for everyone, not just footballers, yesterday I saw an EDM artist committed suicide, another despite all these social media posts going viral saying help is out there. COVID doesn't only come out after 10pm and money does not give you immunity either.

We've been locked up like animals for most of the year, whilst that does not excuse performances on the pitch, I think we should all maybe just take a minute and think before typing.  

This club is in an horrendous position, worst it's been for a long long time and when football is an escape it's been incredibly tough. I hold my hands up, I have found it tough not having this escape. Football isn't fun and I'm at the point where even my opinions are being accused of PR stunts which are just a real kick in the balls with all the time and effort I have put into running this forum. I'm incredibly lucky to have such a great set of moderators that allows me to step back when needed, which I have on many occasions this year. 

I'm not the only one either, a member that joined 9 years ago requested his account to be closed after the Bristol City game. I will share the PM without naming the member.

Hi David, please delete my account. I have on the whole enjoyed my time on here and thank you for your hard work but lately some of the views are not what I want to engage in.

Unfortunately, like twitter, it seems a platform is given to critics rather than supporters. 

Basically... I'm out. 

Thank you. 

This is hard to read, and knowing how tough I have found it recently I can't sit here and urge them to reconsider not knowing what is going on in their head or life outside of the forum. Nobody is saying we should sit here all clapping our hands, everything is rosy and we're going up. This is a relegation battle, criticism is fully warranted but there is a line where that crosses into just a toxic atmosphere. 

I would urge anyone that is at the level where only venom is being released on a keyboard, step away, take some time out. It's not helpful to anyone, this is a public forum and your words may have an effect on others.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Our supporters need a team 

Well said Curtains. These players will start getting support once they show effort on the pitch that warrants it. The way certain players have conducted themselves recently is appalling. Putting any blame on the fans here is ludicrous. They’re being let down both on the pitch, and off it. Our fans still turned up in their droves last season to watch our players put in generally crap performances away from home. Sick of the fans being blamed. The players have to give us something to get behind.

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

We've got a team it's just not very good at the moment things will change for the good or maybe the worse but as a supporter sometimes you've just got to stick with them too much negativity won't help.

Oh so let’s hope we see another happy clapper video in training on Rams Tv then 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well said Curtains. These players will start getting support once they show effort on the pitch that warrants it. The way certain players have conducted themselves recently is appalling. Putting any blame on the fans here is ludicrous. They’re being let down both on the pitch, and off it. Our fans still turned up in their droves last season to watch our players put in generally crap performances away from home. Sick of the fans being blamed. The players have to give us something to get behind.

Nobody is blaming the fans for the current position. 

Just saying that we are fuelling a toxic atmosphere around the club as it's not helpful in the slightest. It's easy to support a football club when things are going great, harder when not so great, but that doesn't mean we just give up and become the opposition to these players.

These players are our only way out of this mess, right now they need us however hard that maybe to offer our support. 

You might not believe players will read our words, but many players and managers not just at Derby have said otherwise. 

The appointment of the new manager will (hopefully) give the whole fanbase and the club a massive boost of positivity. One it sorely needs right now. You can only hope that they are working their absolute socks off to make that appointment as quickly as possible. 

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Thanks to bloody goverment we wont be seeing lads play thanks bloody lot to the goverment.

Scooge hum bug goverment thanks a lot recking peoples bloody christmas.

Keep your head up B4, won't be long now before you can get back in there ?

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Thanks to bloody goverment we wont be seeing lads play thanks bloody lot to the goverment.

Scooge hum bug goverment thanks a lot recking peoples bloody christmas.

The government are trying to protect you and other people. Virus ain't going nowhere at anytime so please don't blame the government for that. 

Archived