v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

I wonder if there is any sections of the fanbase that would look to make their presence known outside the ground should we lose again on Saturday? 

I wouldn't personally for obvious reasons, but I certainly could see others making the trip to vent their frustration. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I wonder if there is any sections of the fanbase that would look to make their presence known outside the ground should we lose again on Saturday? 

I wouldn't personally for obvious reasons, but I certainly could see others making the trip to vent their frustration. 

As we'd be 6 points behind Wycombe after 14 games, I'll be more surprised if there isn't a presence. The fact it would be 1 win in 14 (2 in 20) makes it an almost certainty

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Don't give me ideas

On a serious note I wouldn't because of the chance of giving it someone in my family and being seen as  part of an angry mob which could get nasty, but I wouldn't blame people who want to have their feelings seen and heard on a non online basis. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As we'd be 6 points behind Wycombe after 14 games, I'll be more surprised if there isn't a presence. The fact it would be 1 win in 14 (2 in 20) makes it an almost certainty

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Don't give me ideas

On a serious not I wouldn't because of the chance of giving it someone in my family and being seen as  part of an angry mob which could get nasty, but I wouldn't blame people who want to have their feelings seen and heard on a non online basis. 

We all have a obligation to those around us, regardless of our feelings on the lockdown/Covid restrictions. I would hope not, but this is possibly the lowest point in the club's history since the Three Amigos. 

Derby is a local and passionate fanbase, which means that for a great proportion of our supporters the stadium is never too far away. I suspect that a loss on Saturday would result in some form of reaction. 

12 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Experienced GK/RB/CBs, other than that, bring on the youths!

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Bird, Sibley
Whittaker, Stretton, Jozwiak

Oh... and for ducks sake someone crock/give COVID to Rooney so we haven't got to play him!

I'd take that team for Saturday game definitely. 

30 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ambitious: if you supported Wolves, the Chinese owners would track you down and confiscate your computer 

56 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If any do, they need to grow up and get a life.

Marshall

Bielik   Davies   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Rooney  Shinnie  Buchanan

Jozwiak

A Striker

Wisdom or MTW for Bielik if he’s not fit, Bird for Rooney potentially but think Rooney will play. Not sure who upfront but Jozwiak to have a free role behind. Not a lot of creativity there though?!

14 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I don't see that sadly. Guess we will see if Rooney starts on Saturday.

I think he WILL start   SM not in place long enough yet to consign Rooney to the bench   But I think SM will stroke his ego and tell him he has to play upfront because we don't have another goalscorer.  If you have to have him it's the best place for Rooney  because he still has a pass that splits a defence and his errors are less costly.  He could link well w Sibley and Joz. Part of our problem upfront is Lawrence can't link with anyone, so he has to go.  Then Rooney comes off in the 65th whatever the score - and we give match time to Stretton or similar.  

Archived