v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with almost any selection and any formation just so long as it doesn't include Rooney.  As a player, he's had his day and it's time for him to remain in a tracksuit and on the touchline!  But, I fear that this is just wishful thinking.  He'll continue to be picked to play to the determent of the team and I wish we all knew exactly what the 'deal' contained regarding the Red32 situation.

3 minutes ago, TomG said:

I'd agree with almost any selection and any formation just so long as it doesn't include Rooney.  As a player, he's had his day and it's time for him to remain in a tracksuit and on the touchline!  But, I fear that this is just wishful thinking.  He'll continue to be picked to play to the determent of the team and I wish we all knew exactly what the 'deal' contained regarding the Red32 situation.

I wish Radio Derby would ask the question. Can’t see it though. 

Marshall 

Byrne  Davies  Clarke  Buchanan  

Bird 

Knight  Sibley 

Whittaker     Stretton     Jozwiak 

Rooney, Lawrence and Waghorn all need to be dropped and told to sit and watch the match. Stretton up front just because he probably feels slightly happier with the world and getting to play will be exciting for him, diametrically opposed to the face Lawrence wears. Rooney was shocking yesterday and gives the ball away in such dangerous positions and never has the energy to chase back and try and put right. If he is on the pitch he has to be No.9 or 10 so he is less of a defensive frailty when he loses it, he clearly has the instinct for the advanced positions and i think he can be dangerous up there. Further back we hope that he can spray some passes out wide but when we see nothing coming from out wide what use is that for us? With Sibley, Whittaker and Jozwiak I think we focus on intricate passes, 1-2s around the box, ball to feet, Rooney can play a role there also. Assuming he has to play (which I feel he is probably contractually obliged to) then I play him No.9 in the above, replacing Stretton. 

Kazim-Richards looks as useless as the rest of them, but to be fair to him he has not had any significant time on the pitch, maybe he can play, no Derby fan knows yet. If he does come on, then we need to see him for 30 minutes to give him a chance.

Finally, (sorry longer rant than intended) I appreciate the honesty of Liam and he certainly speaks well. However, he sounds absolutely flat and defeated in the interviews, he is tied to the failed regime, he is defeated already. I agree with the multiple views that they are just the leftovers from the Cocu regime, without the clear leader (Cocu). He speaks well but do you think you would walk out of the tunnel with his inspirational, energetic words in your head...

Line up wise, I've no idea, but I suspect it'll be 2 changes at the most, because "changing the team all the time was why we were rubbish under mr Cocu", fat wazza will pick himself and play 90, we'll probably bung Knight out on the wing to fit Sibley in.

I don't think we'll win, I don't think we'll score, I don't think my sighing and huffing on the sofa is going to endear me to my beloved, I don't think Rosenoir's post match "something has to improve, but they're a great bunch of lads" is going to give me hope.

On the plus side, I've decided to do couch to 5k so I'm less plus sized.  

40 minutes ago, TomG said:

Just out of curiosity, how many 35/36 year olds do we know that play 90min every game, twice a week? Can't think of many...

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Just out of curiosity, how many 35/36 year olds do we know that play 90min every game, twice a week? Can't think of many...

Hernadez was a 90 minute almost every game sort of player for Leeds up until the first lockdown. Afterwards, they restricted him to pretty much 45 minutes every game - almost always as a sub to come on against tired legs/minds. That's the role Rooney should be limited to

11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Last two games for Wycombe Wanderers striker Beast he played full 90 minutes. I'm sure he'll do it again on Saturday. 

Archived