v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to publicly criticise players, but I really think Rooney, Lawrence and Waghorn need to be dropped. That is to me 101 management tactics. If players are consistently not performing, you need to drop them and bring in other players who are likely banging on the managers door to start. Whittaker, JHL, Stretton, Duncan, CKR I'm sure are all itching to start. 

This may surprise people, but I have huge amounts of sympathy for Rooney. For someone who's had the career that he's had to admit that maybe he's not up to the standards needed for this division must be a terribly difficult decision to make. I hope he doesn't taint his incredible career as a player by continuing to play himself and play like he did last night. 

4 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I hate to publicly criticise players, but I really think Rooney, Lawrence and Waghorn need to be dropped. That is to me 101 management tactics. If players are consistently not performing, you need to drop them and bring in other players who are likely banging on the managers door to start. Whittaker, JHL, Stretton, Duncan, CKR I'm sure are all itching to start. 

This may surprise people, but I have huge amounts of sympathy for Rooney. For someone who's had the career that he's had to admit that maybe he's not up to the standards needed for this division must be a terribly difficult decision to make. I hope he doesn't taint his incredible career as a player by continuing to play himself and play like he did last night. 

Rooney still thinks he's the best player on the pitch, that's the issue we have. 

Any decent manager after last nights result would be showing video clips of how Rooney was giving the ball away and explain this is why your not in the starting 11 and not just because we are playing 3 games in 7 days. 

But, there's no chance Rooney will drop himself because that is admitting defeat - deep down he knows he should have been in that picture with Coleen and the kids wearing their matching Christmas PJ's snuggled up by the fire. 

Team for Saturday

Marshall

Byrne - Davies - Clarke - Buchanan

Knight - Shinnie

Jozwiak - Sibley - Whittaker

Waghorn or JHI or Stretton

Subs - 9 others

Back home at his lovely Morrisons mansion - Rooney & Coleen entertaining Rosenior and his other half and as far away from PP as possible. 

7 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Kaz, Hector Ingram, Stretton any

Thus perfectly illustrating why Sibley should be a false 9. Those three might be recognised as strikers, but ability supercedes that. Did Kaz do anything last night? 

Sibley yet again perfectly illustrated that he can create chances on his own and link up well with others. There's no point playing any of the three above, because they'd barely see the ball. 

Sibley to me is the focal point in this squad. The playmaker. Whiticker, Jozwiak and Knight will all have something more to offer playing alongside Sibley. 

With Sibley in that position with those players, I see all 4 capable of scoring goals. Put in Kaz, Ingram, Stretton, even Rooney and I don't see anyone capable of scoring. 

Some of our fans are trying to put the hope of goals on a single forward. It's not going to happen. The point of Sibley is to bring the best out in others as much as it is for him to bag some goals. 

13 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Screenshot_20201125-194815.jpg

You do need a focal point in attack. Waghorn can’t do it, Rooney could, we looked dangerous for 10 minutes yesterday before they changed it again. Rooney is a waste of a shirt in midfield we have good midfielder in Knight Bird Sibbo and Beliek. Rooney is smart enough to play off with legs around him up top.

First half yesterday we had no one to play upto and it took all the attackers out of the game, but when Rooney played there we got up the field. 

Play players in their god damn positions 

Marshall Gk 

Byrne RB 

Clarke Cb

Wisdom Cb 

Buchanan Lb 

Bird/Beliek - CDM 

Knight - Cm 

Sibley Cm 

joz - Rw 

Lawrence LW 

Rooney CF 

get the ball to Rooney and get players running beyond him and we might just be dangerous. 
I like bird but Beliek is a good player and if he’s fit he brings a bit more physically to the team on crosses etc as well as being good with his feet. 

We can’t carry on starting games 4-2-3-1 it just invites pressure on us and we don’t have the outlets we did when rowett played it, if you play 4-2-3-1 you need very fast forwards to break with and we just don’t have the defensive ability we had that year either. We have to put it on the opposition and keep them penned back to stop conceding as we’re not good enough to spend the game in our half like we could with Rowetts side. 

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Wycombe have Joe Jacobson who seems to score ridiculous corners and puts in dangerous crosses / shots from any set piece. Hope we are on the ball. 

We have a defender that can't jump?

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

You do need a focal point in attack. Waghorn can’t do it, Rooney could, we looked dangerous for 10 minutes yesterday before they changed it again. Rooney is a waste of a shirt in midfield we have good midfielder in Knight Bird Sibbo and Beliek. Rooney is smart enough to play off with legs around him up top.

First half yesterday we had no one to play upto and it took all the attackers out of the game, but when Rooney played there we got up the field. 

Play players in their god damn positions 

Marshall Gk 

Byrne RB 

Clarke Cb

Wisdom Cb 

Buchanan Lb 

Bird/Beliek - CDM 

Knight - Cm 

Sibley Cm 

joz - Rw 

Lawrence LW 

Rooney CF 

get the ball to Rooney and get players running beyond him and we might just be dangerous. 
I like bird but Beliek is a good player and if he’s fit he brings a bit more physically to the team on crosses etc as well as being good with his feet. 

We can’t carry on starting games 4-2-3-1 it just invites pressure on us and we don’t have the outlets we did when rowett played it, if you play 4-2-3-1 you need very fast forwards to break with and we just don’t have the defensive ability we had that year either. We have to put it on the opposition and keep them penned back to stop conceding as we’re not good enough to spend the game in our half like we could with Rowetts side. 

The focal point is Sibley. What is it with this out of date view on football. Got to play some slow big lad up top who can't score as a focal point. Rubbish.

The focal point can be 10 yards deeper. They can play between the lines. They can be facing the opposition's goal. 

Too many of our fans are calling for what isn't working, which is effectively anyone to slot into the same table football forward position. The position itself needs changing. 

5 minutes ago, DerbyNutter said:

Buchanan over Fozzy

Byrne over Wisdom

Whittaker over Waghorn

Then I'd actually agreed. 

Yeah understand Byrne But just think he’s not great defensively. Fozzy is a better all round player at this point in time imo. Waghorn I think can do a job right of the 3 like he did for Lampard. Anyway whoever we play if R&R are still managing them they’ll be like headless chickens

Marshall 

wisdom   Davies Clarke.  Forsyth  

Bird 

knight sibley 

Whittaker     JHI.       jozwiak 

make it more difficult for the opponent as we are so easy to play against Buchanan and Shinnie have done nothing wrong but that’s my selection and I would have Archie brown to replace jozwiak as well as a sub 

subs - roos Rooney Buchanan Shinnie Waghorn Stretton bryne Archie Brown - I would leave the last bench spot empty for the others to see 

Archived