Jump to content

On paper we're a good team


Lander
 Share

Recommended Posts

Worrying thing is, we aren't. People like to hype our players but...

Wisdom, Shinnie, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Davies, Rooney etc etc

Johnny Russell, Chris Martin, Jeff Hendrick, Craig Bryson, Will Hughes, Richard Keogh, Tom Ince... these are good standard Champ players (or above in 2 cases). This current bunch isn't even close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Worrying thing is, we aren't. People like to hype our players but...

Wisdom, Shinnie, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Davies, Rooney etc etc

Johnny Russell, Chris Martin, Jeff Hendrick, Craig Bryson, Will Hughes, Richard Keogh, Tom Ince... these are good standard Champ players (or above in 2 cases). This current bunch isn't even close. 

absolutely right. The squad on paper is absolute rubbish, the sooner people realise this the better - it should have been realised last season. It was obvious we would be in trouble with our recruitment (or lack of it) over the summer. So many players massively overrated, the rest of the league laughs at us.

Why are we in the only club to rely so heavily on unproven young players (that arent good enough)

Edited by wollatonram
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alpha said:

Worrying thing is, we aren't. People like to hype our players but...

Wisdom, Shinnie, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Davies, Rooney etc etc

Johnny Russell, Chris Martin, Jeff Hendrick, Craig Bryson, Will Hughes, Richard Keogh, Tom Ince... these are good standard Champ players (or above in 2 cases). This current bunch isn't even close. 

Far from it, the fact is, if we had amazing players with not so great management we wouldn't be struggling as badly as we are at the moment. Even if we had the perfect tactics and coaching you can't stop certain players being poo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lander said:

Far from it, the fact is, if we had amazing players with not so great management we wouldn't be struggling as badly as we are at the moment. Even if we had the perfect tactics and coaching you can't stop certain players being poo.

If we had decent players i wouldn't worry about relegation. 

There are a huge bunch of passive pedestrians. I mean a CB that don't jump?! A bunch of DM's the don't defend! Attacking players that don't do anything with the ball except run around with it for 10 seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alpha said:

If we had decent players i wouldn't worry about relegation. 

There are a huge bunch of passive pedestrians. I mean a CB that don't jump?! A bunch of DM's the don't defend! Attacking players that don't do anything with the ball except run around with it for 10 seconds.

Football hipsters dream. Play pretty patterns without ever threatening to do anything. Shambolic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wollatonram said:

but it is true. you cannot rely on young players, we have too many and their performances are proving why they shouldnt be involved. we are in a relegation scrap, you cannot afford to carry players.

Sorry, which young players are being carried? Knight and Buchanan have been arguably our best players the whole season, Sibley improved us, Bird was okay tonight. The older players are the ones that want to look at themselves. Don't repeat tired old cliches that have been proven wrong before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.