Mac: first task - put an end to this committee nonsense

IslandExile

With McClaren now in place as Technical Director/Director of Football/Advisor to the board/Head poncho, please can we put an end to the committee running the first team.

Appoint a Head Coach/Manager/whatever - even if it has to be Rooney (as it was always going to be). And, let's get on with it.

As I pointed out in the discussion on DoFs, I think there has to be clear demarcation of roles regarding: transfers, team selection, tactics.

But that is between the DoF and Head Coach to resolve. Let's not make it a meeting with every one who has ever appeared in a black training top rather than a pale blue one.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimbo jones said:

McLarens appointment means the committee is more likely to to stick around in my opinion. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s until the end of the season.

Fine, if they have well defined roles. But it should now mean one of them is the Head Coach.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Fine, if they have well defined roles. But it should now mean one of them is the Head Coach.

Oh it should, and it should be Rosenior in my opinion, but I don’t think they want to upset Rooney, so I can see it not happening, which won’t help anyone.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Oh it should, and it should be Rosenior in my opinion, but I don’t think they want to upset Rooney, so I can see it not happening, which won’t help anyone.

Yeah, I can imagine that too.

Ok, let's just have Mac decide everything. Sorted.

To be fair, I don’t think who is in caretaker charge will be McClaren’s decision to make. He might help advise on the next permanent appointment, but I think this committee is very much Mel’s idea, until the new owners take charge. 

Personally, I’d feel much more confident seeing McClaren in the dug out tomorrow night, but that’s just me...

46 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

With McClaren now in place as Technical Director/Director of Football/Advisor to the board/Head poncho, please can we put an end to the committee running the first team.

Appoint a Head Coach/Manager/whatever - even if it has to be Rooney (as it was always going to be). And, let's get on with it.

As I pointed out in the discussion on DoFs, I think there has to be clear demarcation of roles regarding: transfers, team selection, tactics.

But that is between the DoF and Head Coach to resolve. Let's not make it a meeting with every one who has ever appeared in a black training top rather than a pale blue one.

To me it makes sense for him to be in charge. The others are first team coaches, they dish out the instructions on the training ground and in the dugout. 

Otherwise even appointing one of this lot temporarily will continue the issues. 

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Whilst I agree with your point, I fear the committee has just got bigger.. 

21 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

McLarens appointment means the committee is more likely to to stick around in my opinion. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s until the end of the season.

yes   he's chairman of the committee   he has the casting vote     I hope his writing is clearer than LR's 

Archived