Return of the Mac

rynny

Interesting line in the Derby statement 

“The permanent status of the Technical Director role will be subject to ratification by Derventio Holdings’ board following completion of the club acquisition.”

Sounds like it could be temporary or the new board will want the option to appoint someone else 

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am at the crossroads of all my emotions. It definitely means that we're about to appoint a manager with little to no experience, Terry or Rooney, with McClaren making sure they don't completely poo the bed. 

I really am struggling to have an opinion. I really don't know how this will play out, but I'm a big fan of McClaren in any capacity. He's always done a good job here, including his last stint where he shouldn't have been sacked. Mac 1 and Mac 2 are the best performing managerial periods for this club (and Billy Davies) since Brian Clough in terms of win percentage. 

I'd give a kidney to see some of that football again, I really would. 

Just now, RAMesses III said:

Interestingly in the Director of Football forum post most were for a director of football but preferred bringing in the best possible option out there. Maybe McClaren is at this time...

image.thumb.png.80e9320e1a99f011ad1061dacdbf0703.png

Might just be me reading what I want out of the DCFC post but reads like Technical Director role is permanent but McClaren in the role might not be?

The way I read it was that McClaren had the role immediately and it would be made more permanent once the takeover was complete.

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

“The permanent status of the Technical Director role will be subject to ratification by Derventio Holdings’ board following completion of the club acquisition.”

Sounds like it could be temporary or the new board will want the option to appoint someone else 

That is how I read it aswell but that may just be me wanting to read a way for Ralf to be next in the post

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

The way I read it was that McClaren had the role immediately and it would be made more permanent once the takeover was complete.

Agreed, he has the job immediately but if the takeover falls through then he probably doesn't have it any longer.

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

That's how I read it .  He's here to help with recruitment/picking a manager and to help (take over)  the coaching in the meantime.  As a reward he'll have a nice job for a year ( if this takeover ever gets done)watching matches for free on a juicy contract.

Absolutely delighted that we’ve made the decision to appoint a Director of Football, at least. I’ve been banging on about it for ages, so it’s reassuring to see the new owners starting to organise the structure of the club better already. 

McClaren is an interesting choice for the role. It’s completely different to anything he’s done before, so it remains to be seen whether he’ll be any good. Seeing that hair island back at the club does put a smile on my face mind ?

37 minutes ago, rynny said:

cant hold us ryan lewis GIF

Bonkers

But in a good way

Assume he's been brought in to oversee 'the Derby way' finally? Act as a go between for the board and coaching team - Keep the consistency of style between managers etc and provide the board with some much needed expertise on how football actually works in practice (when they need to show patience, when the random stuff happens, give the head coach breathing room etc)

Archived