Return of the Mac

rynny

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

And no one with 'inside knowledge' of the club has had success ever.

My last comment, because we're just going round in circles. My original comment was a reply to something  completely different

As it stands, he's just an advisor. I hope he's successful

Dave Mckay?

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Probably because we'll have zero idea of whether he's a good manager or not until he actually plays that role. At which point it might be too late.

nothings to say having an experienced manager on hand would do any better. In all honesty, deep down we know we aren't in trouble. I don't believe we will be near the relegation zone come end of the season. We need tweaking to become more of an attacking threat rather than over cautious. 

1 hour ago, Shang said:

This can only be a good thing. Technical directors who know the clubs through and through can keep things in check to make sure we don't sway in the wrong direction.

Look at Petr Cech at Chelsea. He's been fundamental to Lampards ability to sign top players, as he's been backing him behind the scenes at board level when it comes time to talk to the people in charge with the money. Ziyech, Havertz, Werner etc have been perfect fits so far.

Compare that to Manchester United, who have no technical director or Director of Football and it means the board splurge money at fading stars or Hollywood purchases who won't work out in an effort to keep stock prices up.

This allows Derby to have a consistent, long-term approach to identifying profiles of players and defining playstyles, which will outlast managers and footballers, so we're not going through the churn we have had before (Clement / Rowett / Pearson etc). Yes there will be occasions where managers will butt heads with Mac, but you can guarantee that Steve will have the best interest of the club in mind.

But Petr Cech isn’t a 20-year veteran manager. It’s clear a DoF is what his role is.

There is no way that having Mac in the club there won’t be that pressure on the manager from the very beginning.

18 minutes ago, JfR said:

His point per game record was slightly worse than Rowett's. Rowett got 1.6, McClaren got 1.59. McClaren had a higher win % but also a higher loss %, without a lot of draws, whereas Rowett got a lot of draws, particularly in the second half of the season.

Plus, added bonus, no Rowett-ball.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But Petr Cech isn’t a 20-year veteran manager. It’s clear a DoF is what his role is.

There is no way that having Mac in the club there won’t be that pressure on the manager from the very beginning.

New Manager has to be happy with Mach3. Rooney just happy to get the job.

There seems to be a lot of comments insinuating Mac is going to be in the dugout ? From what I’m reading he won’t be ....I agree that coaching is his best role ask Joey Barton who admitted when he left QPR they went downhill with just Harry and no coach I’d be all for him coaching ...he’s not so don’t really see how putting round pegs in square holes is going to help us ..just seems like a mess at the moment ...bring Mac in as coach for rest of season yes but we need a manager ...just seems to have added confusion rather than clarity 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

The best football I’ve seen in the last decade was under Mac so I’m not gonna complain after the crap we’ve been dished up this season. 

if we are gonna lose let’s at least lose 4-3 instead 1-0 every bloody week after having 70% possession 

But Mac is not manager or coach he’s come in as a director ...load of baaaaalocks ...everyone is getting nostalgic over our football with Mac and rightly so but he’s come in in a different role 

42 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not true. He repeatedly said he wanted to stay, he refused to go to Newcastle whilst still our manager and only joined them after he was sacked. 

I think your wrong buddy

my recollection of it was that he consistently avoided putting it to bed 

he could have quite easily come out and said no I’m Derby county manager, my sole focus is keeping this promotion push on track 

instead he refused to deny an interest and our season fell apart 

I certainly remember there were plenty on here moaning about his behaviour and refusal to put the Newcastle rumours to bed 

1 minute ago, JG400 said:

My thought processes

1. This is a joke
  2. Please let it be a joke
  3. This club is a joke

Last person I want back at this club

Yeah, it's so awful winning games and scoring a lot of goals. I much prefer us with 70% possession and 2 shots on target. 

Archived