Your favourite goalkeepers of all time

Cisse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never took to Shilton. Yes he was a very good keeper, one of the best shot stoppers of all time, but he potentially cost England two world cups.

I always thought he was to blame for the hand of god incident.....he should have took the ball and kneed Maradona in the nuts potentially stopping him from scoring that second goal.

He was very leaden footed for Brehme's deflected free kick against Germany in 1990. Flapped at it like an arthritic flappy thing from flapsville.

Two world cups we would have gone on to win without a shadow of a doubt.

Irrational I know, but when added to his gumptard related escapades he is somewhere below John Middleton in my estimation.

On 26/11/2020 at 23:15, uttoxram75 said:

Never took to Shilton. Yes he was a very good keeper, one of the best shot stoppers of all time, but he potentially cost England two world cups.

I always thought he was to blame for the hand of god incident.....he should have took the ball and kneed Maradona in the nuts potentially stopping him from scoring that second goal.

He was very leaden footed for Brehme's deflected free kick against Germany in 1990. Flapped at it like an arthritic flappy thing from flapsville.

Two world cups we would have gone on to win without a shadow of a doubt.

Irrational I know, but when added to his gumptard related escapades he is somewhere below John Middleton in my estimation.

He was also rubbish at stopping penalties. Apart from that, a great keeper imo!

On 23/11/2020 at 11:34, ImARam2 said:

Lev Yashin - brilliant Russian goalie, played all in black.

Bert Trautmann - German ex-POW. Extremely brave 'keeper in days when centre-forwards were allowed to crash into them.

Reg Matthews - first 'keeper I watched at the BBG. Brave as he dived at a forwards feet in a crowded penalty area.

Coiln Boulton - so underrated but won two Division 1 Championship medals.

As you can see all of these goalkeepers played in the 1950's/ 60's & 70's, so you can guess my age from them.

The only ever-present in both championship-winning sides. What a keeper.

Archived