EFL appeal

Sith Happens

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Any news on this from Saturday?

Chris Coles summed it up pretty well in the sportscene podcast from last night. Its towards the end somewhere. Sounds like its a lot of educated guesses due to limited information but still sums it up quite nicely.

Personally I'm not concerned if the EFL signed off our amortisation policy at first. It sounds like worst case scenario is a big fine. The only worry for me is that if we get found guilty surely we will appeal and may it drag on all summer and leave us in an embargo like most of last summer?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09bhtg3

9 minutes ago, AGR said:

Chris Coles summed it up pretty well in the sportscene podcast from last night. Its towards the end somewhere. Sounds like its a lot of educated guesses due to limited information but still sums it up quite nicely.

Personally I'm not concerned if the EFL signed off our amortisation policy at first. It sounds like worst case scenario is a big fine. The only worry for me is that if we get found guilty surely we will appeal and may it drag on all summer and leave us in an embargo like most of last summer?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09bhtg3

Around the 39 minute mark. Agreed, it was quite a good summary. 

Just seen a fairly reliable foreign journalist say on Twitter that financial fair play is due to be scrapped by UEFA with a new system that allowed more freedom to be put in place. 

About time and this endless persecution of our club can stop. It has never worked. Let’s get an owner in who can spend and take us to the next level

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Just seen a fairly reliable foreign journalist say on Twitter that financial fair play is due to be scrapped by UEFA with a new system that allowed more freedom to be put in place. 

About time and this endless persecution of our club can stop. It has never worked. Let’s get an owner in who can spend and take us to the next level

Except we follow the EFL's version (known as P&S), whereas UEFA FFP is for UEFA competitions such as the Champions League and Europa League.

2 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Will make no difference to us

45 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Except we follow the EFL's version (known as P&S), whereas UEFA FFP is for UEFA competitions such as the Champions League and Europa League.

Just now, SFox1993 said:

Will make no difference to us

My bad. Hopefully the EFL will see sense but given their track record, I’m not holding my breath